Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

Chesney Hawkes many years ago in Mauritius. I was walking on the beach with my GF at the time and spotted him. Started telling her how much I hated the song of his and how he was probably a twat. 6 beers later and I'm arms round him belting out the song together much to the disgust of my GF (she was 10 years older than me at the time and not much of a people person). Anyway, turns out he was a nice chap after all, had a few more beers with him and his family. Asked us to go out with them on a boat next day with them but didn't want him to start getting too matey so just left it at that.
Back in the 90s one of my mates at college said he beat him up once

I was on holiday a few years ago in Vale de Lobo, portugal.
The chaps were pretty young then and mucking about in the club pool down near the beach. They ended up in a bit of a stand off with a little whiney scouse lad. In a terrifyingly high-pitched screech he kept going on that he was Gerard's nephew.
A very proud moment as my two started a perfectly placed barrage of "iiiiirm, irrrrrm, eigh, eigh, eigh" at the little podge who scurried off...

For all the golfers out there, in the early 2000s when I was a kid, I went to the Bay Hill invitational in Orlando. After the round we went to a water park where we got to ride a water ride with Brad Faxson. My sister almost got Tigers autograph that day too

I think the guitarist from Elbow was in there a few times too.

Jimi Goodwin from Doves would watch bands at Jabez Clegg when I DJ’d there as support.
Jabez clegg not heard that name in years! I played my first gig in there lol

Used to see guy Garvey in there al the time
Came to view my house when he was looking to buy in Prestwich. Very nice man. My son was a drummer and had all his gear set up in the basement so they got chatting music and it turned out they'd been rehearsing next door to each other in a Manchester rehearsal space.

Jabez clegg not heard that name in years! I played my first gig in there lol
I DJ’d for Charabanc promotions. HMV would have the cds on sale all week. Circa 2001 time.

I also reviewed for Manchester Music so if they ever critiqued you then it may have been me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.