Anyone ordered a new car recently ?

Has anyone ordered a new car in the last 12 months ? If so, was it delivered on time ? I ordered a new Skoda last September to be delivered on 1 April 2023 but the dealership have advised there's a worldwide shortage of some components (including semi conductors) and all manufacturers are experiencing delivery delays. Just wondered what other people's experiences were ?
Yes & No!

Ordered 2023 US-built VW ID4 for the Mrs. Original delivery date was Q4/2022.

Then, shifted to Q1/2023, which removes my ability to buy it and take the tax break, so I have to lease it to get the tax breaks in the firm if a reduced purchase price!

Now, date on website shows March-May 2023! It’s March 20 and not a peep, so…!

As a top of the line spec (read: higher margin) vehicle, I thought it would be towards the front of the production run. However, when they raised prices and temporarily stopped new orders in January, I knew that was a bad sign.

The new production facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee had to be retooled from a Passat line to the all new EV line, so I don’t know if it’s just production line teething problems or semi-conductor/battery supply chain issues or what?!

I’m really glad I cancelled my Tesla Model Y order 2 weeks prior to delivery in November, as I would have bought it about a month before Musk slashed the price on it! I might get a restyled 2024 Kona EV instead, as the price is much better, quality of construction on the Hyundai/Kia vehicles is outstanding and with the ID4, we don’t need two larger-sized vehicles, and they haven’t had any delivery issues from S.Korea!

Has anyone ordered a new car in the last 12 months ? If so, was it delivered on time ? I ordered a new Skoda last September to be delivered on 1 April 2023 but the dealership have advised there's a worldwide shortage of some components (including semi conductors) and all manufacturers are experiencing delivery delays. Just wondered what other people's experiences were ?
We bought a Dacia duster and a timescale of up to a 6 months wait was mentioned.

Been over a month and no car yet lol

Initially when I ordered the car back in September they gave me an ETA of March.

They didn't proactively tell me about the delay though, I've had to call up.

I'm not too miffed to be honest. In the addition to shortages of certain parts, sailing times, port congestion and equipment shortages haven't fully recovered from the Covid era. It's only a newer version of the model I currently have as well. If I had no car and was waiting for this then I'd be a bit perturbed.
My only beef is that the dealership only bothers to respond if I contact them - I mean it's their job to keep me updated but I'm 2 weeks away from due delivery date and I've not heard a thing from them since I last called into to speak to them myself in mid Feb.

Strange that. It was really very quick. We ordered the DSG too. My mum didn't really want a particularly high spec. Just heated seats and reversing camera.
I've extended the lease on my current car on the advice of the dealership I'm buying the new car from so we'll see how things look by the of June. If there's no prospect of the new one arriving by then I'll cancel my order.

Yes & No!

Ordered 2023 US-built VW ID4 for the Mrs. Original delivery date was Q4/2022.

Then, shifted to Q1/2023, which removes my ability to buy it and take the tax break, so I have to lease it to get the tax breaks in the firm if a reduced purchase price!

Now, date on website shows March-May 2023! It’s March 20 and not a peep, so…!

As a top of the line spec (read: higher margin) vehicle, I thought it would be towards the front of the production run. However, when they raised prices and temporarily stopped new orders in January, I knew that was a bad sign.

The new production facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee had to be retooled from a Passat line to the all new EV line, so I don’t know if it’s just production line teething problems or semi-conductor/battery supply chain issues or what?!

I’m really glad I cancelled my Tesla Model Y order 2 weeks prior to delivery in November, as I would have bought it about a month before Musk slashed the price on it! I might get a restyled 2024 Kona EV instead, as the price is much better, quality of construction on the Hyundai/Kia vehicles is outstanding and with the ID4, we don’t need two larger-sized vehicles, and they haven’t had any delivery issues from S.Korea!
Decisions, decisions eh ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.