Anyone ordered a new car recently ?

Not a new one, no. Not on what I earn. In the process of purchasing a 2021 Tucson. Just waiting on the bank to email the credit agreement.

The dealer did comment on the difficulty getting new cars in stock, which has a knock on effect on the availability of good second hand jalopys.

Ordered a new troc r-line 2 weeks ago they said end of april early may latest.
i work in the motor industry so i have known about the semi conductor problem for a few years now
but manufacturers also get parts made in ukraine, particularly some wiring looms so you can imagine the problems they are having.
There is also a problem with battery supplies on hybrid cars.

I ordered a Kamiq last Spetember. Told by local dealership delivery would take 24-28 weeks. I enquired as to the progress of my order mid February and was told it hadn't started to be built yet and no sign of when it would be. I'd ordered a DSG version and was told these were at the back of the queue !
If it's the 7-speed box ask for a guarantee it won't eat itself after a mere 140,000 miles.

Ordered a new troc r-line 2 weeks ago they said end of april early may latest.
i work in the motor industry so i have known about the semi conductor problem for a few years now
but manufacturers also get parts made in ukraine, particularly some wiring looms so you can imagine the problems they are having.
There is also a problem with battery supplies on hybrid cars.
Early March order to delivery in early May is really quick. I know someone who ordered a Vauxhall Mokka hybrid due to be delivered in July 2022. In February this year they dealers contacted her and told her the order had been cancelled as there was no prospect of the car ever being built !

Just ordered the Audi Q8 electric suv / arrives in September
Audi driver eh? Thereby proving beyond all doubt that you're a ****! But we knew that anyway. At least everyone on the road will know it now. ;-) My son-in-law has the e-tron. Very nice it is too.

Anyway, I've just had an email from Ford that my Model T should be delivered by the end of April. Henry apologised for the delay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.