Apology to Klatenburg

rhysmcfc said:
It was not stopping a goal scoring opportunity, Chamakh had kicked the ball too far ahead for him to regather before the keeper did. Hart stops moving after the tackle, and still gets the ball a fraction of a second later.

If he was still had the opportunity to score the goal if Boyata did not tackle him, then it is a red. But he gave away the goalscoring opportunity by kicking ahead of Boyata's attempted tackle to play for the foul.

I don't know if I can break this down any more...

No you can't, the referee saw it realtime and decided he was fouled and denied a goalscoring opportunity and gave a red...correctly.

If the situation had been Clichy on Tevez and Clichy had been given a red you would be sining a totally different tune. If the ref had booked Clichy you would be incandescent with rage (rightly so).

What are you hoping to achieve by saying the decision was wrong?

scorer said:
rhysmcfc said:
It was not stopping a goal scoring opportunity, Chamakh had kicked the ball too far ahead for him to regather before the keeper did. Hart stops moving after the tackle, and still gets the ball a fraction of a second later.

If he was still had the opportunity to score the goal if Boyata did not tackle him, then it is a red. But he gave away the goalscoring opportunity by kicking ahead of Boyata's attempted tackle to play for the foul.

I don't know if I can break this down any more...

No you can't, the referee saw it realtime and decided he was fouled and denied a goalscoring opportunity and gave a red...correctly.
I bet there wasn't a City fan in the ground on Sunday or watching on TV who didn't think "Shit, he's off" straight after that tackle.

Prestwich_Blue said:
scorer said:
I bet there wasn't a City fan in the ground on Sunday or watching on TV who didn't think "Shit, he's off" straight after that tackle.

I did actually say to the lads sat round me he might go but with the incident happening in front of us. I agree with what the OP is trying to say but overall Clattenburg was very very poor yes the red card an pen were correct decisions BUT it needs to be consistant I still maintain Fabregas and Song should have gone, that said Gareth Barry was also lucky he got his yellow for next to nothing then later on took out an Arsenal player giving away a free kick I was expecting a second yellow simply because he had let Song and Fabregas get away with it.

Klutzenburg knows deep down he mucked up - if he has any honesty he has the opportunity to sort it on Saturday - how about sending off camel gob or thugic that might redeem him somewhat but at the swamp-I doubt it - sp c'mon you spuds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.