Apology to Klatenburg

kevodevo said:
whilst technically it is correct to send the poor lad off

For the hundredth time in this thread...

NO IT WAS NOT 'TECHNICALLY CORRECT' TO SEND BOYATA OFF

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/lawsofthegame.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/lawsofthegame.html</a>

NOWHERE in the laws of the game does it mention any 'last man', it's just a phrase made up by idiot commentators to sound intelligent and cover the fact that most don't know their elbow from their arsehole.

I don't blame Clattenburg for sending him off, he was far away and 9/10 times a ref would give a red. But that still doesn't change the fact that it WAS NOT a red card.

rhysmcfc said:
kevodevo said:
whilst technically it is correct to send the poor lad off

For the hundredth time in this thread...

NO IT WAS NOT 'TECHNICALLY CORRECT' TO SEND BOYATA OFF

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/lawsofthegame.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/lawsofthegame.html</a>

NOWHERE in the laws of the game does it mention any 'last man', it's just a phrase made up by idiot commentators to sound intelligent and cover the fact that most don't know their elbow from their arsehole.

I don't blame Clattenburg for sending him off, he was far away and 9/10 times a ref would give a red. But that still doesn't change the fact that it WAS NOT a red card.

Fuck the technicalities the referee called it as he saw it and the decision was CORRECT

If that had been Tevez been being brought down by Clichy there would be unanimoius support for it and you know it.

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram and accept it. It's happened, it's done - you're not going to go back and change it so just move on!

Can you fucking read? I said I don't blame him for giving it. Though I did say he got the decision wrong, which the LOTG prove me to be correct.

How can the decision be CORRECT when the basis for what you believe is the reason DOES NOT EVEN EXIST.

If you can find the relevant part in the LOTG which proves your reasoning correct, I will give you 20 pounds.

rhysmcfc said:
Can you fucking read? I said I don't blame him for giving it. Though I did say he got the decision wrong, which the LOTG prove me to be correct.

How can the decision be CORRECT when the basis for what you believe is the reason DOES NOT EVEN EXIST.

If you can find the relevant part in the LOTG which proves your reasoning correct, I will give you 20 pounds.

He denied (in the referees interpretation) a goal scoring opportunity. Staright red.

PM for address... ;0)

kevodevo said:
Forgive me if I missed it but when you look at the sending off the guy Chamarak was very crafty - he KNEW the challenge was coming and pushed the ball away so he got 'fouled' and whilst technically it is correct to send the poor lad off it was not actually within the spirit of the game and Chamarak knew it- he conned him good and proper but this is still allowed as the ref's are actually stupid and do not realise this is happening- it goes on all the time and should be stopped. Just take the fair challenge Ade got from Djourou late in the second half by the line - if he had pushed the ball away he'd have been off. So it's SAME OLD ARSE REALLY, ALWAYS CHEATING- AND AS FOR THAT T**T Fabregas- he should have gone no doubts - but there is a return and what goes round comes round -cannot wait

Notice how Chamakh does that little leg flick trick they all use these days to go down. If there really was enough contact to foul him was there any need to do the leg flicking? Effectively hes got another professional sent off. The media dont help either watching the rags last night and a commentator said "he had the opportunity to go down there" WTF if he was fouled he would of had no chance but to go down. Sorry state footballs going into

scorer said:
rhysmcfc said:

He denied (in the referees interpretation) a goal scoring opportunity. Staright red.

PM for address... ;0)

But he did not deny a goal scoring opportunity, as Chamakh had kicked the ball straight into Joe Hart's arms. There is no way in the world that he would have got to the ball before Hart did.

Therefore, Clattenburg made the WRONG decision to award a red card. It should have been a yellow card only.

rhysmcfc wrote:

and from your link (thanks for that)....

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the
following seven offences
:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within
his own penalty area)
denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a
penalty kick

• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match

Some players go down (with or without the leg flick) very easily........

Yakubu was barely touched at WHL on Saturday, yet he went down like the Titanic, "earned" a free kick and Baines scored (a very good goal).

Alan Smith (who should be banned from commentating on Spurs games) said it was good forward play.....

The same commentator said when Crouch went down in the area, "there was enough of a push from Neville for him to go over, but not enough to award a penalty".....

Please someone explain this to me...... I must be thick. On the one hand a player goes down with minimal contact and its a definite foul, on the other, a player goes down having been pushed, but not enough to award a penalty...

I watched some of the Leeds/Cardiff game the other night and Bechio of Leeds deserves huge credit after he was "assaulted" by Bothroyd....... a terrible, terrible challenge that could have easily broken Bechio's leg, however, he just got up, hobbled around for a bit and ran it off.

Either the ref missed it or did not see it clearly, had he done so it was a nailed on red card. But due to the actions of Bechio, Bothroyd got away with it.

rhysmcfc said:
scorer said:

PM for address... ;0)

But he did not deny a goal scoring opportunity, as Chamakh had kicked the ball straight into Joe Hart's arms. There is no way in the world that he would have got to the ball before Hart did.

Therefore, Clattenburg made the WRONG decision to award a red card. It should have been a yellow card only.

You dont know whether or not Chamakh would or would not have caught that ball - you have an opinion.

The referee also has an opinion, in his opinion he thought Chamakh was denied a goal scoring opportunity, hence the red card.

In your opinion he was incorrect, in the opinion of the majority of posters on here he was correct. Therefore as he is the only one that counts he was correct to issue a red card.

Let it drop.....you cant retrospectively change a decision so accept it...

It was not stopping a goal scoring opportunity, Chamakh had kicked the ball too far ahead for him to regather before the keeper did. Hart stops moving after the tackle, and still gets the ball a fraction of a second later.

If he was still had the opportunity to score the goal if Boyata did not tackle him, then it is a red. But he gave away the goalscoring opportunity by kicking ahead of Boyata's attempted tackle to play for the foul.

I don't know if I can break this down any more...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.