Apology to Klatenburg

hard to disagree with the big decisions - but you just felt he couldnt wait to give them

boyata's big mistake was following chamakh in behind our back line as the pass was made, he's looking right across the line and only has to step up for him to be offside - after that he was fcuked

i hate klatenburg he seems to think 47,000 people came just to see him. why give a red card in the 1st 5mins just ruins the game.
a good ref would have booked him and gave him a serve warning. if smackhead or vidic did that foul i guarantee it would only be a yellow.

hope we dont get him again anytime soon.

He got the sending off correct. The laws need changing to give him more leeway to book rather than red card, but that's not his fault. The penalty was given by the linesman not Clattenburg, but again it was correct. The thing is it's easy for Clattenburg to get those two decisions correct, because they benefitted Arsenal. Yes, he booked 4 Arsenal players in the first half, but the major concern for me was the Song fouls. He booked Barry for his first foul of the game, and not a particularly bad one either, he then allowed Song to commit 3 or 4 similar offences before finally booking him. I'd also suggest that, should you look at the number of 50/50 decisions that we got, it would be noticeably less than Arsenal got.

The main issue I have with Clattenburg is his predictability. I saw he was the ref as I walked towards the ground (BBC website on my phone) and KNEW what were were going to get. Very few decisions going our way. Unfortunately we gave him the perfect opportunities to punish us without displaying his normal level of corruption and bias, but have no doubt, had Boyata not been sent off, and Kompany not given away a penalty, Clattenburg would have found numerous ways to give Arsenal the upper hand. When you know before the match has kcked off that the ref will be biased against you, and he turns out to be just as you predicted, then that should sound alarm bells. He's corrupt.

Rammy Blue said:
Although the red was technically correct, I don't think for one minute that had it been a scum player at the scum pit that he would have brandished red.

Look at ratface yesterday, that's a bent decision of the highest order.

Vidic at wembley as well.
Yep, that's exactly how I see it.

scorer said:
At the game yesterday I was well pissed off with the ref. I didn't berate like many about me did but I thought he had a shocker and criticised him.

Having seen the game on sky this morning I admit I was wrong.

He had an excellent game and got every call correct. We must not blame the referee everytime we lose.

Klatenburg got the sending off,the penalty, the bookings correct.

We needto grow up and admit the truth.

For the record I dont blame Boyata, he was put in an impossible position, took a gamble and lost.

Lets move on.

Its the inconsistency that pisses most off tbh.. our player gets sent off and rightly so...yet rat boy already on a yellow commits another yellow card foul and stays on the pitch...

why have rules when Refs at a whim can change them to suit..?? am sick of refs using their own personal opinions rather than the rule book..

Clattenburg has an agenda against our team and is corrupt to the core.

I'm with De Niro on this I am also on level 2 but would have loved to boot him in the bollocks.

A red card for such an innocuous tackle just because he was the last man just does not seem justified especially as after watching it on the replay Chammack did not have a clear goal scoring chance and was well to the right of the goals with the ball several yards in front of him.

As others have said,you just couldn't see it happening to Ferdinand, Vidic or Terry.

I'll say it again Clattenburg is corrupt, just ask Craig Bellamy.

Matty said:
He got the sending off correct. The laws need changing to give him more leeway to book rather than red card, but that's not his fault. The penalty was given by the linesman not Clattenburg, but again it was correct. The thing is it's easy for Clattenburg to get those two decisions correct, because they benefitted Arsenal. Yes, he booked 4 Arsenal players in the first half, but the major concern for me was the Song fouls. He booked Barry for his first foul of the game, and not a particularly bad one either, he then allowed Song to commit 3 or 4 similar offences before finally booking him. I'd also suggest that, should you look at the number of 50/50 decisions that we got, it would be noticeably less than Arsenal got.

The main issue I have with Clattenburg is his predictability. I saw he was the ref as I walked towards the ground (BBC website on my phone) and KNEW what were were going to get. Very few decisions going our way. Unfortunately we gave him the perfect opportunities to punish us without displaying his normal level of corruption and bias, but have no doubt, had Boyata not been sent off, and Kompany not given away a penalty, Clattenburg would have found numerous ways to give Arsenal the upper hand. When you know before the match has kcked off that the ref will be biased against you, and he turns out to be just as you predicted, then that should sound alarm bells. He's corrupt.

Summed up perfectly, although it seems I am the only person who thinks the sending off wasn't as clear cut as everyone else seems to think.

Yes Boyata was the last man but did he really deny a clear goalscoring opportunity ? That is the definition in footballs own rules not being the last man.

If you watch where the ball goes, straight into Harts arms, Chamakh had knocked the ball far too far in front of him to be in control of the ball and I believe Hart would have simply come out and smothered the ball. In my mind it was a free kick and a booking and a short word in Boyata's ear.

Yes, I can see 'why' he gave it but as you say it was the perfect excuse to give Arsenal the advantage. Also the way in which he sent him off was a joke, he should have just flashed the red card if it was that clear cut rather than wait five minutes.

Can't argue with the penalty but the damage was already done by then.

The sending off is a talking point for me.

There was no way that Chamakh was getting to the ball, so was it actually a goalscoring opportunity? Thats the question i keep asking myself.

The rule states, if your last man and deliberately deny a goalscoring opportunity you will recieve a red card.

Another incident i picked up on was a late challenge by Denilson on Milner, which looked like Clattenburg was going to blow for. He never waved play on, but the whistle did move towards his mouth. Seconds later Djouru fouled Tevez and recieved a booking. Did Clattenburg notice that Denilson was already on a booking and that is why he didn't blow for the late foul?

what pisses me off is that a ref will brandish a red card after four minutes but will not book a player for his first foul (ie song) because it's too soon into the match it just doesn't make sense. Song should off gone yesterday the foul he committed on Silva was exactly the same as Barry's for which he got booked 60 seconds early. I was very impressed with our commitment yesterday and the score flattered Arsenal.

Blue Mooner said:
Matty said:

Summed up perfectly, although it seems I am the only person who thinks the sending off wasn't as clear cut as everyone else seems to think.

Yes Boyata was the last man but did he really deny a clear goalscoring opportunity ? That is the definition in footballs own rules not being the last man.

If you watch where the ball goes, straight into Harts arms, Chamakh had knocked the ball far too far in front of him to be in control of the ball and I believe Hart would have simply come out and smothered the ball. In my mind it was a free kick and a booking and a short word in Boyata's ear.

Yes, I can see 'why' he gave it but as you say it was the perfect excuse to give Arsenal the advantage. Also the way in which he sent him off was a joke, he should have just flashed the red card if it was that clear cut rather than wait five minutes.

Can't argue with the penalty but the damage was already done by then.

Agrred Not a red has the ball was in Hart's hands nano-seconds after the tackle He was also guilty of booking the wrong player after Fabregas had commited the foul He lost the plot for 20 mins or so Poor ref who tends to spoil most games just like his mater Fat Arsed Poll

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.