Apology to the club

Looking through some old programmes and found this

5010d4458df06a025d9b7eee1cf931fd.jpg

And the teams for those who were wondering

45716de02b3a43aa51bbb118a7933b77.jpg

I always felt that if stadiums wanted to deter pitch invaders, why don't they have rope moats?

But now, recently, I'm starting to wonder have I just made up that invention?

Could have swore the new Wembley had one, but googling it nothing happens.

It was like 5 ropes in each 2 metre section, distanced apart so fans had to vault/hurdle each rope, effectively slowing them down so a steward could stop them.

Have I just dreamt that?
New Wembley has one of those long metal grids at the front that I think collapses in the event of a stadium disaster alarm. Probably wouldn't stop 1000 people, but hard to navigate if you're a streaker or trying to get a player's shirt.

New Wembley has one of those long metal grids at the front that I think collapses in the event of a stadium disaster alarm. Probably wouldn't stop 1000 people, but hard to navigate if you're a streaker or trying to get a player's shirt.
Yeah, designed to slow down one or two, but would collapse If a stampede for safety.

If clubs were that concerned about the odd fan occasionally getting on the fan, they'd do more about stopping it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.