Appalling set pieces

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/aYDXkVGpMpc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/aYDXkVGpMpc</a>

Some teams are better than others at defending set pieces

without a dream said:
Apparently (according to a Ray Hudson vid I just watched) the PL conversion rate is 3% which implies that everyone is shit at corners, it really should be quite a bit higher than that given the advantages the attacking team has.

It's not a massive advantage really. Granted it's a chance to get the ball into the box but the defending team gets chance to prepare mark everyone before the ball comes in.

surprised we haven't done fuck loads more work on corners

if we were half decent at them we would score at least one a game just from corners due to the amount we get

id rather we have a throw in near the corner than a corner, absolutely rotten

forevermancity said:

if we were half decent at them we would score at least one a game just from corners due to the amount we get

II think i'd rather just play a short corner and start possession again.

KippaxCitizen said:
forevermancity said:

II think i'd rather just play a short corner and start possession again.

Absolutely, didn't we do this at the start of the season or am I imagining things?

without a dream said:
Apparently (according to a Ray Hudson vid I just watched) the PL conversion rate is 3% which implies that everyone is shit at corners, it really should be quite a bit higher than that given the advantages the attacking team has.

Is that from the initial set-piece? Because a lot of goals from set-pieces come from poor clearances resulting in more pressure?

I find it difficult to believe that only 3 in every 100 corners/free-kicks result in goals

Love these threads.

Weren't we leading scorers from set pieces at one point under RM and there were threads like this?

I blame Fifa on Xbox, kids think 1 in 2 corners will be a goal.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Love these threads.

Weren't we leading scorers from set pieces at one point under RM and there were threads like this?

I think the main issue is we are see the pressure that the likes of Utd, Stoke, Palace etc put on teams through set-pieces whereas we don't seem to put teams under the same pressure. Perhaps it's a crowd issues, we tend not to get excited when we get a corner. The likes of the teams I've mentioned use the crowd and have set-pieces as a game plan whereas we don't and have other strengths

TheMightyQuinn said:
Love these threads.

in FIFA 14, it's 2 in 2 corners if you have Benteke

teddykgb said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Love these threads.

in FIFA 14, it's 2 in 2 corners if you have Benteke
or Cavani/Negredo/Hummels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.