Appalling set pieces

kiam06 said:
OB1 said:
kiam06 said:
I'd go as far as saying our set pieces have cost us the title.

No other top club wastes so many or defends them as poorly as we do.

Liverpool are a prime example they make almost everyone count and that's why they are sat top as they make the difference between winning and drawing tight games.

Liverpool have scored 23 goals from set pieces and we have scored 19; every other team has scored less goals from set pieces.
It's still not good enough.

I know I'm never confident when we get a set piece around the box we are usually not competitive enough in the air or hit the first man.

All the best teams make the best use of them.

I can't prove it but I bet our ratio of conversion compared to freekicks and set pieces is not as good as Liverpool or most top teams.

Of course you can't prove it.

BTW, we get fouled less than any other team in the league so it's a good chance that our conversion stats from free kicks hold up quite well.

kiam06 said:
OB1 said:
kiam06 said:

Liverpool are a prime example they make almost everyone count and that's why they are sat top as they make the difference between winning and drawing tight games.

Liverpool have scored 23 goals from set pieces and we have scored 19; every other team has scored less goals from set pieces.

I know I'm never confident when we get a set piece around the box we are usually not competitive enough in the air or hit the first man.

I can't prove it but I bet our ratio of conversion compared to freekicks and set pieces is not as good as Liverpool or most top teams.

You can't prove it because you haven't the first clue what you're on about and you don't watch anyone else every week. You are a one eyed football fan who gets exasperated when something doesn't come off, and hasn't the perspective to realise that for every great free kick you see on MOTD, there are dozens which fail. And you haven't the ability to accurately evaluate a team's overall set piece policy and success rate because you are not very experienced watching the game. I wouldn't be surprised if you sit in a shit seat and drink a load of ale before every game, to compound the problem.

*takes off glasses and points them at kiam•

Am I right, Mr Pistorius? ;-)

kiam06 said:
OB1 said:
kiam06 said:

When an arsehole looms into view,it's a good bet shit will be along shortly

Didsbury Dave said:
kiam06 said:
OB1 said:

You can't prove it because you haven't the first clue what you're on about and you don't watch anyone else every week. You are a one eyed football fan who gets exasperated when something doesn't come off, and hasn't the perspective to realise that for every great free kick you see on MOTD, there are dozens which fail. And you haven't the ability to accurately evaluate a team's overall set piece policy and success rate because you are not very experienced watching the game. I wouldn't be surprised if you sit in a shit seat and drink a load of ale before every game, to compound the problem.

*takes off glasses and points them at kiam•

Am I right, Mr Pistorius? ;-)
Are you saying Kiam hasn't got a leg to stand on, Dave?

Comical Dave aint you learnt your lesson yet

Telling someone else they haven't got a clue and don't have the ability or experience to read a game after your recent implosion beggars fucking belief sunshine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.