Apparent Liverpool side

I think this is going to be a really close game and can see it being similar to the 0-0 from last year. We're playing a Hodgson team so no doubt they'll be two solid banks of four, very difficult to break down. I think it'll be 1-0, but I don't know who to, hopefully City!

Chronic said:
Just registered now, Scouser living not far from Anfield.

Can i just ask why people on here are thinking City will smash Liverpool 3 and 4 nils ?

We haven't lost 3 or 4 nil in about 10 years.

It's very daft in my opinion on being over confident, yes you have a good squad on paper but to say anyone will just roll Liverpool over is just unbelievable.

If we lose it will be by 1 (the same if we win), you have more depth, but our squad has been playing together for years and you know what you'll get with us where as City are a somewhat surprise element.

You are of course correct - unlikely to be more than one goal either way.

Chronic said:

Can i just ask why people on here are thinking City will smash Liverpool 3 and 4 nils ?

It's very daft in my opinion on being over confident, yes you have a good squad on paper but to say anyone will just roll Liverpool over is just unbelievable.

If we lose it will be by 1 (the same if we win), you have more depth, but our squad has been playing together for years and you know what you'll get with us where as City are a somewhat surprise element.

Some people on here would have expected us to smash you 3 or 4 nil when you were at your peak and we were fighting against relegation. Its not so much over confidence, more pre match bravado.

I'm expecting a very tight game, at least for an hour, but it could be one of those games where one side gets a goal and the other then gets caught chasing the game.

It'll be a close game tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up 0-0. Hopefully Mancini will be a bit more adventurous than he was last time Liverpool came to Eastlands.

its never easy v liverpool and i don't expect it to be any different
but we are due a win against them, lets hope its tonight

Ric said:
It'll be a close game tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up 0-0. Hopefully Mancini will be a bit more adventurous than he was last time Liverpool came to Eastlands.

i hope so to

he nas no excuse not to be now...he has the players to play the way he wants to play (though he is limited by the fact that he hasnt got available the attacking fullbacks he requires).....but he has the drive in the middle of midfield that should make the difference....

It will be VERY interesting to see if their is a change in his usual over cautious tactics against better teams.
If we go out and attack and give it a go you wont get any complaints from me regardless of the result, but another negative display (to go along with the spurs performance and various otyhers last season) and he will be leaving himself open to criticism

Chronic said:

Mate. What on Earth do you expect when coming on a City forum? Of course there will be a few over-optimistic people on here... But I'm not one of them.

I'm expecting a draw. Might even go for the 0-0 at 8's...

Bwahahahahahaha

flb said:
Midfield diamond for me

silva the point,milner left,Yaya right and the crazy Dutchman infront of the back four

Obviously Tevez and Balo up top

who are the fullbacks though?

Lescott is LB for sure I think and Micah or Zab for RB probably.

simon23 said:
Ric said:

i hope so to

he nas no excuse not to be now...he has the players to play the way he wants to play (though he is limited by the fact that he hasnt got available the attacking fullbacks he requires).....but he has the drive in the middle of midfield that should make the difference....

It will be VERY interesting to see if their is a change in his usual over cautious tactics against better teams.
If we go out and attack and give it a go you wont get any complaints from me regardless of the result, but another negative display (to go along with the spurs performance and various otyhers last season) and he will be leaving himself open to criticism

if I was the manager I would be , frankly , a lot more interested in take at least 1 point that at your complaint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.