Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

Of course we don't have the same fan base as bayern(not yet anyway) but my main point is we have to try and discourage season card purchases if the person involved is going to leave a empty seat on a regular basis.
If someone can only manage some games then the club have to make it more attractive to buy tickets for individual matches which would involve a serious rethink on match day prices.This is highly unlikely I know but as many have pointed out on here the effect on club finances would not be as great as some think,and might enhance the owners reputation on many outside the club.
The other negative of lower ticket prices that would turn out to be positive is when the second stage expansion happens and we get more people at games the extra spend on food ,drinks and merchandise would more than offset any drop in revenue.
What season card holders need is a simple way of informing the club that they won't be attending, so enabling the seat to be offered out, for a reduced fee, but with most of the proceeds being credited to the season card holder.
This is a win situation for the season card holder who may not be able to manage most games (me for instance) but win win for club who will have seat filled by someone who may well spend some additional funds in the shop or food outlets.
You can't criticise non attenders for having a season card, life crops up from time to time.

I have had my season card on the xchange for the spurs game for a week, I know that I would get £20 but card as of now not sold, as ticket price is £49. why don't club charge say £35 then the seat would be sold. but luck as it ive sold it for £30

It's always the bloody family stand. Get rid of it and it will get rid of most of our problems (seating wise). Having the culminaton of empty seats and a shit atmosphere all in one area does not help. Midweek games little Jack can't come because it's a school night, well give the bloody ticket on the exchange then. Oh this Sunday he's at Jill'ls for a play date, FUCK OFF. Should be a rule if you don't attend at least 12 games a season, ticket is revoked.

It's always the bloody family stand. Get rid of it and it will get rid of most of our problems (seating wise). Having the culminaton of empty seats and a shit atmosphere all in one area does not help. Midweek games little Jack can't come because it's a school night, well give the bloody ticket on the exchange then. Oh this Sunday he's at Jill'ls for a play date, FUCK OFF. Should be a rule if you don't attend at least 12 games a season, ticket is revoked.

Let's fuck off the next generation of supporters off shall we? Good idea

Of course we don't have the same fan base as bayern(not yet anyway) but my main point is we have to try and discourage season card purchases if the person involved is going to leave a empty seat on a regular basis.
If someone can only manage some games then the club have to make it more attractive to buy tickets for individual matches which would involve a serious rethink on match day prices.This is highly unlikely I know but as many have pointed out on here the effect on club finances would not be as great as some think,and might enhance the owners reputation on many outside the club.
The other negative of lower ticket prices that would turn out to be positive is when the second stage expansion happens and we get more people at games the extra spend on food ,drinks and merchandise would more than offset any drop in revenue.

I agree that once the demand is there to replace them, season ticket holders missing a % of games each season shouldn't be allowed to renew the season after, let's those tickets go to ppl on the waiting list.

The problem with the family stand is fairly obvious.

Firstly a lot of freebies seem to be put there. They won't always be taken up, so they'll be gaps. Freebies need to be fucked off somewhere else.

Secondly the cost of a child ticket is TOO CHEAP. So you might have a dad who sat elsewhere would have to pay over £600, but if he gets a seat in the north stand it's £495 as long as he gets a junior ticket with it for £95.

So for under £600 he's got a ticket for him and his son. Now his son might not be old enough to be going week in week out but it works financially for the dad to get a seat for him and his son in the north stand where they can sit for years to come, and once the son is old enough he'll be going week in week out. But in the mean time night games etc the son won't go cos he's too young, hence the empty seats.

The issue of non attending season ticket holders in the Family Stand could be addressed quite easily without putting off the next generation if we did the following:-

1 Dramatically reduce the size of the stand. Maybe just the second tier of the North Stand. Apply the 12 game per season rule as suggested above there and throughout the rest of the stadium unless mitigating circumstances eg illness could be proved.
2 Make junior match day tickets freely available at very cheap prices throughout the rest of the stadium for those who intend to only attend occasionally. One of the great things about attending "the football" when I was a kid was that you were in an adult environment.

I would also suggest that club complimentary tickets for junior players and school groups should be restricted to the third tiers of the stadium. The club should monitor their usage and if not used regularly not offer them again to that individual/group.

Let's fuck off the next generation of supporters off shall we? Good idea

They can't be very interested to begin if they and their family can't get to 12 games per season. I've sorted out a dad and his daughter for two seats for the Spurs game without any hassle. They can't come to most games so season area aren't needed.

We missed the boat on a Bayern type rule when te capacity was 47k. There's no point introducing the rule when we have 55k (61k in next few years) seats to fill.

I agree that once the demand is there to replace them, season ticket holders missing a % of games each season shouldn't be allowed to renew the season after, let's those tickets go to ppl on the waiting list.

The problem with the family stand is fairly obvious.

Firstly a lot of freebies seem to be put there. They won't always be taken up, so they'll be gaps. Freebies need to be fucked off somewhere else.

Secondly the cost of a child ticket is TOO CHEAP. So you might have a dad who sat elsewhere would have to pay over £600, but if he gets a seat in the north stand it's £495 as long as he gets a junior ticket with it for £95.

So for under £600 he's got a ticket for him and his son. Now his son might not be old enough to be going week in week out but it works financially for the dad to get a seat for him and his son in the north stand where they can sit for years to come, and once the son is old enough he'll be going week in week out. But in the mean time night games etc the son won't go cos he's too young, hence the empty seats.
Fair points and the obvious solution is the club put better systems in place for season card holders to transfer match-day attendance to others, and if a simple transferral is possible and is not used(assuming demand is there) then I believe there is a case for not allowing renewal.
Would also say the roof situation is also a factor as I reckon some don't take their seats even tho they're there but just going on what others have told me as Im not in level1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.