Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

Prime example was on the Times podcast the other week, when they were talking about Pep coming to City. James Scowcroft, without any sense of irony pointed out how Pep would be the best manager we'd had in our entire ''eight year history'....accompanied by sniggers from the other twats on the show.
It demonstrates how little they know about football outside their own narrow prism.

Prime example was on the Times podcast the other week, when they were talking about Pep coming to City. James Scowcroft, without any sense of irony pointed out how Pep would be the best manager we'd had in our entire ''eight year history'....accompanied by sniggers from the other twats on the show.

And it will surprise no one that Scowcroft is an supporter of those loveable scamps from M16

Family stand really needs fucking off though. Let the kids sit on their ipads in the third tier.

What exactly will that achieve? I guess you're going to say get outer noisy fans in there. Well first let's find some to fill the South Stand and "fuck off" those who think atmosphere is "banter" with away fans or standing up doing nothing all game with their arms folded. Ever wonder why our team attack the NS in the second half. They love us!! :)

Spurs fans singing "This ground's too big for you". What's that all about? This from a club that frequently has empty seats at Cup home games at a smaller ground

Fucking infuriated me that-they are wanking about there 60,000 new stadium that they haven't even played in yet-giving it the big one because of a few empties in the family stand. The most fucking deluded set of fans in the League-they haven't won the title since 1962 and they try and belittle the size of city.

cant wait to sing "you nearly won the league" to them next season the deluded fuckwits.

I disagree that it was such a high Chelsea turnout. At the time City claimed there were about 35,000 Chelsea tickets sold. The way it unfolded there was pay on the day admission and I reckon Chelsea had up to about 40k with City having 28 to 30k. I was in the
Lower part of the City terracing behind the goal (tunnel end) that day and although I remember loads of 'activity' outside the stadium I can't remember any of it inside the stadium. The game was filmed and, in the climate of the day, any fighting in the stadium would have been focused on. Much of the media focused on this as a 'friendly' final, though they clearly missed what was going off on the streets outside!

I was also in that part of the ground and from what I can remember, there was indeed a group of about 30 or 40 Chelsea fans came in when (I assume) they opened the gates towards the end of the game. There was a bit of a commotion but nothing serious.

Total league attendances after 14 games: 756,008.

Average after 14 games: 54,001.

Add in the 266,666 we've had for home CL and COC matches and that's over a million aggregate attendance by the middle of February.

Okay we do have a problem with a few people buying tickets and then not showing up (as do other clubs) but those are figures to be proud of.

And it will surprise no one that Scowcroft is an supporter of those loveable scamps from M16

Here's an example of his worth as a pundit: http://talksport.com/football/exclu...ied-claudio-ranieris-appointment-claims-james

Leicester fans should be worried about Ranieri's appointment. And the incisive comment at the end: “At the end of the day it’s all about results, if he gets them he’ll be popular but if he doesn’t he won’t be." Truly penetrating insight there.

He was a shit striker who couldn't score goals and he's stealing a living as a pundit, too.

"FC Barcelona in 2004, provides us with a good example. The average spectator occupancy of the Camp Nou stadium was 70,000 with 98,000 seats available. This was a good number but we still were not satisfied especially because there were around 20,000 season ticket holders who did not come regularly and did not even lend their tickets to other fans"

Ferran Soriano - 2009.

Nothing new here, it's just the latest stick for the media to beat us with. It's a problem all the top teams have always had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.