Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

A lot of City fans didn't go as it wasn't considered a proper competition in its first year, as well as the day after an away derby. To Chelasea Lad it was always called the Full Members Cup , just like the League Cup has always been the league cup.

Ive heard in the past that FMC Final we had 50,000 & City had 18,000, not a bad turn out for a nothing competition, also both sides played the day before.

The Full Members Cup changed sponsor a few times mate, it was also The Simod Cup, The Zenith Data Cup.

I'm guessing no one remembers the Simod Cup game at Maine Road in 87/88? not sure what the gate was that night but at a guess i'd say 8/10,000?

Edit just found this info on the game i'm talking about, gate of 6,000 doubt there was many Chelsea there.
http://www.citytilidie.com/latest/chelsea-home-simod-cup-2nd-round198788/

Brilliant article from the Shed End, it's ironic that the two clubs with 'no Isterie' are two of only three clubs to have attendances over 80000.

Funny how certain other clubs fans think that mate eh, someone buys your club pumping £ms in to the club in the process then all of a sudden your history disappears, its pathetic there's not one club who's fans wouldnt welcome a take over of their club if it meant challenging for League titles & CL's.

CbMi-DsW8AEF3L7.jpg

He really should be put out of his misery. The last line is priceless.
How do you get paid 7 times less?

Yeah. It was 70/30 Chelsea city that day. Maybe even higher. The Chelsea end was packed and a few of their hooligan firm came into the city end if I remember rightly and it was kicking off in the lower part of our terrace.
kicked off everywhere seats thrown into our end , some millwall got into the city end , remember saying to my mate feck this lets go when we were losing 4-1

Yeah. It was 70/30 Chelsea city that day. Maybe even higher. The Chelsea end was packed and a few of their hooligan firm came into the city end if I remember rightly and it was kicking off in the lower part of our terrace.
I disagree that it was such a high Chelsea turnout. At the time City claimed there were about 35,000 Chelsea tickets sold. The way it unfolded there was pay on the day admission and I reckon Chelsea had up to about 40k with City having 28 to 30k. I was in the
Lower part of the City terracing behind the goal (tunnel end) that day and although I remember loads of 'activity' outside the stadium I can't remember any of it inside the stadium. The game was filmed and, in the climate of the day, any fighting in the stadium would have been focused on. Much of the media focused on this as a 'friendly' final, though they clearly missed what was going off on the streets outside!

Family stand really needs fucking off though. Let the kids sit on their ipads in the third tier.

I agree, behind the goal is the perfect place to watch a football match from for me and is often where the atmosphere is generated from.

Funny how certain other clubs fans think that mate eh, someone buys your club pumping £ms in to the club in the process then all of a sudden your history disappears, its pathetic there's not one club who's fans wouldnt welcome a take over of their club if it meant challenging for League titles & CL's.
That's a great observation.

That's a great observation.

Prime example was on the Times podcast the other week, when they were talking about Pep coming to City. James Scowcroft, without any sense of irony pointed out how Pep would be the best manager we'd had in our entire ''eight year history'....accompanied by sniggers from the other twats on the show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.