Applauding opposition goals

Seem to recall John Sheridan having a great game against us for Leeds in the 80s & getting clapped.

Maybe David Platt for Villa too (hope it wasn't the same game where Lakey came off injured).

I think Kenny Dalglish produced a few moments of magic once & drew applause.

Would never clapped a Utd player, whatever he did ... on principle.

Townsend's goal is the only one where I can remember thinking "fair enough, that's a stunner". Not sure I went as far as applauding it though.

On the other end of the spectrum, remember the bloke behind me saying it was a poor goal to concede...

Townsend's goal is the only one where I can remember thinking "fair enough, that's a stunner". Not sure I went as far as applauding it though.

On the other end of the spectrum, remember the bloke behind me saying it was a poor goal to concede...
I was stood stunned for 10secs or so it was a stunning strike,i never clapped just turned to my son and said wow!!

No, that was a couple of years previously when he was playing for Villa and they beat us 3-1.
Remember Merson being applauded off. Also going back to about '86 Tony Daley scored a cracking solo goal at Maine Road which drew some applause from the Kippax. May have been Billy McNeill's first game against us after leaving?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.