April 15, 2018 - Where were you?

Working a train to Scouse. Just coming round Edgeley Junction and got a betting alert which said "Win! West Bromwich Albion beat Manchester United."

Won £75 quid from it

:)

I was on holiday in the States, on Interstate 72 in Alabama (proper Deliverance territory) going from Atlanta to Memphis and got a text from a rag congratulating me. I’d completely forgotten that they were playing. For selfish reasons, glad I didn’t miss us winning it directly via our own efforts on the field.

Did you squeal like a pig when you got the text?

It so happens that I was in Athens, Georgia, on a work-related trip. I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, when I opened up my laptop. Couldn't believe it when I saw the score. I shouted out triumphantly to myself, although I was alone in my hotel room. It almost seemed as if the rags were learning from us, doing a real typical City thing. Beating your greatest rivals at their place, and then losing at home to relegation fodder to lose the title!

I was on the M25. Had completely forgotten about Utd playing to be honest, then it was 'oh let's put on 5-live just to check in.' This was about 10mins before the end. Imagine my surprise. So much that I honked a few times, fist pumped and high-5ved the kids, then back to normal driving. All a bit anti-climactic, which is so un-City like. But... that'll do pig, that'll dom

Due to the unexpected nature of clinching the championship (aka premiership per karen), just curious what everyone was doing when they found out.

Me?

Had just returned from brunch. Was making dog food for the pup and had the small TV in the kitchen tuned into the WBA match without any volume. Noticed the score with about 10 minutes to go. Just started giggling like a school girl as the time ticked away.

Then an afternoon of celebrating.

I was watching the rags having had a bet at 19/1 that they'd lose.

By the way you are totally right to say championship in lowercase so take no notice.

Was in Edinburgh for a short break for the girlfriends birthday, we'd just been to the castle and popped into a Grassmarket boozer en route to heading back to the hotel.
There was about 20 minutes left, and it was rather funny indeed watching it all unfold :)

Certainly made paying 10 quid for 2 pints more bearable.

My then local in Failsworth. Perhaps 90% red at the time. I stayed out all night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.