Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Barcon said:
Not a huge fan as I always thought that they were just copying Broken Social Scene. The new single that they have been playing for a couple of weeks is pretty catchy though, but even that just sounds like the new Daft Punk stuff.

To me they just keep on improving with every album, The Suburbs is just quality from start to finish, well worth giving it a good listen, nice and loud, free from distractions.

In amongst their music I think I can find riffs from really obscure Siouxsie tracks for instance, and I've not heard of this Broken Social Scene - just so long as the music hits the spot, I don't mind a bit of plagiarism, in fact it adds to the fun of working out where they've come from as it were :)

BigJimLittleJim said:
To me they just keep on improving with every album, The Suburbs is just quality from start to finish, well worth giving it a good listen, nice and loud, free from distractions.

I agree but Funeral is very different to the albums that followed it I think. So raw and uplifting.

blinkblue said:
Normal Person is such a great tune.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SrK3tDSs5A[/youtube]

This rendition is way better than the single version.

I saw it myself on The Colbert Report. Such a great show!!

Funny as fook as always.

Interview with Stephen Fry is good. Surprised how knowledgeable The Rev. Sir Doctor Stephen Tyrone Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World✱✱ featuring Flo Rida actually is...

✱✱ duly noted that Mr Colbert did not defeat one Mr Mike Tyson, but merely took his title after a no show for an interview!!

I rarely buy albums. The last one I bought was the Suburbs. The next will be Reflektor on Monday at lunch. Been looking forward to this for 6 weeks since it was announced. Looking forward to the tour. Great band live.

i have first album syndrome, funeral was magnificent. seen them live twice, superb.
i am baffled. this is garbage, if a new band put this out they would disappear without trace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.