Are any of our loanees going to make it?

Goosebot said:
Pughie said:
15. Mohammed Abu - Stromsgodset

The next Nigel de Jong, only he has a very good eye for a pass, when he gets his visa he will no doubt be put straight into the squad.

Don't know much about this guy, like De Jong but with eye for a pass? Hold old is he/where did he come from?

He's got far more to his game than de Jong. Really intelligent, composed, lovely passing range with nice bits of skill. There's a great thread on him in the transfer forum including vids that he's uploaded of himself. Razak and Abu look like the best bets for me, not sure if Boyata will make it and can't see many of the others coming close bar Guidetti

I had high hopes for Benali but he's struggling to get a foothold at Rochdale at the moment. I still think he has a great deal of talent, but physically he's got a lot of catching up to do after his injuries.

Trippier seems to have impressed in each of his loan spells and with his versatility I still think he could have a chance with us.

Most of them will make good livings out of the game even if it's not with City.

Cheers Pughie, nice write-ups. The only thing that concerns me is some of the players you rate are already over 21. With our squad being like it is there isn't much room in it for any over 21's who aren't at squad level yet. After the next transfer window I'm fully expecting our first team squad to be virtually full of already established, senior players.

I suppose the only option would be to keep them on contract until 23-ish to give late developers a chance but they'd have to impress out on loan - is this a viable option for a few players?

like everyone else, Boyata defo(better than Lescott for me) and Guidetti needs a proper go next season, rest of them will probably make a living from the game but not at P/L level.

flinty1975 said:
like everyone else, Boyata defo(better than Lescott for me) and Guidetti needs a proper go next season, rest of them will probably make a living from the game but not at P/L level.

Boyata better than Lescott?

What happens to players loaned to Norwegian teams? The Nog season has just two more rounds to go. Can the players come back to us whilst our season is still up and running?

another generation said:
What happens to players loaned to Norwegian teams? The Nog season has just two more rounds to go. Can the players come back to us whilst our season is still up and running?

Abu can't come back and play for us just yet I believe. The reason he's in Norway is to secure a WP. He does have a couple of caps. He might be able to qualify under special talent.

Look at Barca, their young players now don't get played til they are 21-22 with plenty of B games behind them, we will follow suit.

From what i have seen in that list, Guidetti will make it with us, if not next year then the year after, i believe he will go to Euro 2012 and Boyata will come back with us, he has starred for Bolton ahead of £17m rated Cahill.

Trippier and Razak have a chance IMO. The good thing about Trippier is that he has starred for both clubs he has played for and must be reaching 100 league appearances, he could do with a prem loan next year to see how he does.

Mee, Helan, Cunningham, McGivern, Ibrahim and Weiss won't make it and despite what Youth guru Pughie says on Helan it has nothing to do with any of the coaches he is just big and athletic, something this academy has loved for years.

Wabara and Nimley both have talent but both need to shine on loan.

Not seen or seen enough of Abu, Elabdellaoui or Benali to form an opinion.

Wabara needs to try and get off Ipswich's bench first and become a starter there. He had a lot of clubs after him, wondering if he chose the right one as he needs starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.