Are Arsenal actually placing bounties on opposing players?

It's a real mystery how you can spend 3 years working as a coach under Guardiola to then model yourself on Mourinho when you become a manager.

Jose Arteta. Without the trophies.

Lack of bottle and bravery to stick to his principles. In my opinion anyway.

It takes a bit of bottle to stick to how managers like Pep and Klopp want their players to play football. Attacking and pressing and seeing the risk and reward to it. Rather than worrying about the negative sides to the risk like Arteta clearly does by prioritising defending over attacking substance.

His gameplan seems to be wanting set pieces. Christ.

Arsenal for some reason get a free pass by PGMOL and the media.
Their antics on the pitch are disgusting. Fake injuries and time wasting non stop. Also Lego Head on the sides is as bad with his behaviour.
PGMOL have allowed this and helped them with the way way over the top time added on when they need it, esp last season with it being usual for them to get 9 to 13 minute added on compared to much less when they were winning and the complete failure of sorting out their time wasting.
The media gives them a pass on their spending which is never mentioned, how many times do you hear £105 million Rice in a game and antics and i am glad our players have spoken up about it

Players get targeted all the time though, not saying it's right or wrong, but it's been going on for decades. Do you honestly believe a team trains for a game and has specific sessions or discussions about injuring a player?

Of course they will say 'Rodri controls the game, we can't allow that to happen, we need to be at him quickly etc etc' That will obviously include fouls because that's the nature of the game. You can't try to make a player uncomfortable by closing him down quickly without giving away fouls, that's then up to the ref to decide if anyone is crossing a line.
Perhaps we have been spoiled lately with Pep and how he controls the game, as I don't see that currently from many City players but we've all been to many a city game where we had players doing the same to opposition players.

Many managers over the years have said the same about the treatment their players have had, Ronaldo, Hazard spring to mind.

At the end of the day, both teams had stuff to moan about, which is usually the case.

Imagine some of the incidents happened the other way round, Dias scores a header after Haaland and Akanji block Raya from coming out, would anyone be moaning?

Gabriel Jesus picks up the ball after Arsenal score an equaliser and throws the ball deliberately at Bernardo.... plenty on here would be calling for punishment.

Haaland sticks one on Gabriel after 10 seconds (the stadium would be cheering)

Other than Oliver calling Walker over and perhaps allowing play to continue a little early I didn't see much wrong with the game to be honest.

We would probably have a lot less to moan about if we didn't do the same thing for 45 mins and actually gave them something to worry about in the second half.
All I’m saying is that Rodders WAS TARGETED. Why’s and wherefores aside he was TARGETED!
I have been watching football at all levels for 70 odd years, and was a trained referee at school level and have very rarely seen a team so slyly and deliberately play dirty football like that.
I think we should agree to disagree. Arsenal are becoming a team I would add to my most disliked.
Ar teta was a person I admired when he was with us but over the years he has become a changed person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.