Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

We are certainly a worse all-round team with Haaland simply because we've changed our successful 4-3-3 system and even as 4-4-2 hasnt worked, Pep refuses to revert back to what made us so formidable.
Hmm..CL final..do you revert to the old system that failed or accept the best striker in the world to change a game ?? There is no team on the planet that can deal with the Duke of Erl.. long ball, wide ball, tap in..Combinationsong of past strikers, but Feed The Beast and he will score.

I saw an interesting stat the other day. We're at the halfway point of the season & in the PL we've scored 50 & conceded 20.

At the same point last season, we'd scored 50 & conceded 12.

If the second half of the season mirrors the first, we'll be on 90 points, 100 goals scored & 40 conceded. If Arsenal do the same again, they'll be runaway leaders.

I wouldn't say we're better or worse with Haaland, we're just different, & I think both City & the player have to bend more toward each other.

HOWEVER, watching Kane tonight, he's that good a baller that he'd make our team as a No 8 or 10. Haaland wouldn't. In terms of workrate between the two, there's no competition, it's Kane again. We can work to make Haaland a better footballer & hopefully improve him over time, but we can definitely improve his workrate & all round contribution.

At times with Haaland, I feel like we're a player down & suffering for it, but then **!!!BANG!!!**, our Viking smacks in a fuckin hat trick! \0/

We've sacrificed all round team goals & greater territorial control for Haaland's goals, in the hope they outweigh what we lose.

The telling stat for me is that we've conceded an additional ⅔ the amount of PL goals, as we did at this point of last season which is highly unusual for us.

Unless we resolve these things VERY quickly, we'll soon be running out of games to catch Arsenal, whilst also having to look over our shoulder at the chasing pack.

Hmm..CL final..do you revert to the old system that failed or accept the best striker in the world to change a game ?? There is no team on the planet that can deal with the Duke of Erl.. long ball, wide ball, tap in..Combinationsong of past strikers, but Feed The Beast and he will score.
Agreed. My point is that this current team with Haaland is not better than last years or the season before city teams but it Should be.

However, we're not playing to his strengths and the team looks disjointed we're not even 'feeding the beast' he's living off scraps!

I saw an interesting stat the other day. We're at the halfway point of the season & in the PL we've scored 50 & conceded 20.

At the same point last season, we'd scored 50 & conceded 12.

If the second half of the season mirrors the first, we'll be on 90 points, 100 goals scored & 40 conceded. If Arsenal do the same again, they'll be runaway leaders.

I wouldn't say we're better or worse with Haaland, we're just different, & I think both City & the player have to bend more toward each other.

HOWEVER, watching Kane tonight, he's that good a baller that he'd make our team as a No 8 or 10. Haaland wouldn't. In terms of workrate between the two, there's no competition, it's Kane again. We can work to make Haaland a better footballer & hopefully improve him over time, but we can definitely improve his workrate & all round contribution.

At times with Haaland, I feel like we're a player down & suffering for it, but then **!!!BANG!!!**, our Viking smacks in a fuckin hat trick! \0/

We've sacrificed all round team goals & greater territorial control for Haaland's goals, in the hope they outweigh what we lose.

The telling stat for me is that we've conceded an additional ⅔ the amount of PL goals, as we did at this point of last season which is highly unusual for us.

Unless we resolve these things VERY quickly, we'll soon be running out of games to catch Arsenal, whilst also having to look over our shoulder at the chasing pack.
harry kane and work rate don't make me laugh. kane probably makes us a worse team than before. we have no wingers for him to play in and he is too slow now to get back into the box. we will be a worse team with kane in it and probably have a few less points than now.

harry kane and work rate don't make me laugh. kane probably makes us a worse team than before. we have no wingers for him to play in and he is too slow now to get back into the box. we will be a worse team with kane in it and probably have a few less points than now.
We'll have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. I've underestimated Kane throughout his career, not realising just how good an actual footballer he is.

Granted, he's not the quickest, but the speed he lacks in his legs, he makes up for in brain & speed of thought.

You don't consistently reach the top of the PL goal stats season after season if you're shit or a one season wonder having a purple patch.

Kane isn't as reliant on wingers as you may believe. Look how many times you spot him dropping deep, defending from the front, creating attacks & being on the end of chances created to score?

But you think Kane makes City a worse team? Okaaaaaay... Pep, Txiki, our scouting network & myself must have got Kane all wrong then. My apologies :-|

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.