Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

If the ball isn't passed to him in the penalty area he offers nothing to our team. Its like playing with 9 1/2 men when we're playing a half decent team because Mahrez offers nothing defensively ever.

I think today is an example of the type of game where he's so uninvolved that another midfielder being on wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

We don't have fast enough wingers to compliment Haaland's game at the moment.

It has nothing to do with that.

If we had just played the early ball and complimented his running then we would have seen a different player and probably a different result.

Peps shit tactics and instruction are the only issue here.

I think it’s just coincidence that we are not quite as good. I think it’s more down to some players just not being at the races this season, the hunger not being quite as strong and some players starting to look a bit older and not as sharp.
The dippers are saying the same, but like them this is a lot more deeper than that, players of both clubs no longer listening to the manager?

We’re running quickly towards the end of a cycle. Just looking at the players we’ve lost over the last 3 or 4 seasons that haven’t been replaced it’s no wonder our levels are nowhere near expectations. Forget about whether Pep still has the magic, we should be wondering and hoping if the other two from the trio Txiki and Ferran still have the hunger.

We’re running quickly towards the end of a cycle. Just looking at the players we’ve lost over the last 3 or 4 seasons that haven’t been replaced it’s no wonder our levels are nowhere near expectations. Forget about whether Pep still has the magic, we should be wondering and hoping if the other two from the trio Txiki and Ferran still have the hunger.
Squad looking thread bare and lacking players in key positions so it's clear seriously large investment required.

Sadly it's to be expected as that is what happens when you replace players with worse players. We are too nice with allowing players to leave.

Last edited:
City haven't quite learned to play with him (he scored some of those goals almost despite the way we play, not because of it) and Haaland hasn't quite learned to play with us.
It'll come, guys. I think this is an “off” season. We have them (by the way, being in the knock-out stages of the CL, the next round of the F.A. cup, and still second in the league, although that may not be the case for very long at this rate, is only an “off” season by our exalted standards). We may still win the league, although I'm now starting to doubt it. If we do, people will wonder why this thread even existed. If we don't, it'll run and run…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.