Are City fans the best in England?

nashark said:
WNRH said:
Been out in the sun all day have we? Made you cranky? Have a day off you idiot.

No, I was at the game like a proper fan. Not one of these armchair pricks who know all the songs, but don't have a clue where Old Trafford is.

You got hounded off after stirring shit after one of our Europa League games.

You're either a United fan or the worst City fan on this forum.

Arsed. Bothered. Not. Thanks for debating. Bye.

felixbg said:
I think some of us are too harsh on ourselves. Out of interest can people name fans that beat us when it comes to

a) loyalty? ... newcastle maybe
b) louder? ... stoke?
c) better song variety? ... united?
d) humour? ... scousers?
e) matchday atmosphere i.e. poznan, songs, banners. liverpool?
f) numbers? 'skybig4' newscastle, tottenham

all those 6 we are definatly right up there, not many clubs can say that

Newcastle = loyalty?

Remember pre KK firsttime? About 11 000, wasn't it?

Very loyal.

How many were we getting in the third division?

Averaging 28 000 at home at top attendance all season at most away grounds.

As much as I hate them, Leeds supporters have done something similar over the last few seasons.

Vienna_70 said:
felixbg said:
I think some of us are too harsh on ourselves. Out of interest can people name fans that beat us when it comes to

b) louder? ... stoke?
d) humour? ... scousers?

Newcastle = loyalty?

Very loyal.

As much as I hate them, Leeds supporters have done something similar over the last few seasons.

ok ... now lets move onto noise, song variety, humour, matchday experience & numbers. im interested as to which clubs fans people think are better than us.

felixbg said:

b) louder? ... stoke?
d) humour? ... scousers?

a) Loyalty - Nobody beats us. Newcastle have had title challenges, cup finals and Champions Lg footy to attract fans. We've had nothing at all!
b) Louder - Sunderland@SoL are the loudest when they get going, best in the country for it. Mainly because of their stadium with it mainly being one big tier all the way round (with a little bit of a second tier above a bit of it). Villa with the Holt End when they can be arsed to get going are very loud n'all. 14500 that stand holds, great stand! Stoke are overrated IMO, but still louder than us. Wolves are loud too, as are both Sheffield clubs two good sets of fans them!
c) Better song variety - United have dozens and dozens of songs. We maybe have a dozen that get sung regularly, which is a huge amount compared to Arsenal and Spurs who hardly sing any songs at all. Liverpool have a lot of good songs as well.
d) Humour - Scousers? NOT A CHANCE MATE! I never hear them chanting funny stuff, off the cuff, like we do! Villa fans are funny, they are original with it and off the cuff. When we beat them 4-0 at Christmas they were really funny and sharing some good banter without being dicks! But we are brilliant for this. One of our best assets for a set of fans!
e) Matchday atmosphere - Liverpool have good banners but that's about it. I think the Poznan is the best thing in English football for a long long time AS LONG AS WE DON'T RINSE IT TOO MUCH!!!
f) Numbers - I think we can be a bit shit on the numbers side considering the size of our club, the size of our city, our situation (most 'on the up' club in world football!). We haven't filled the CoMS once this season! and many away games go on open sale! Blackpool, Sunderland, Wolves, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Stoke, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United can take more than us on a given day to away games.

But I suppose we fair fairly well in each of those catagories. Which makes us pretty good fans. But we aren't the best fans in the country, we have far too many who are far too quiet at the CoMS!

felixbg said:
Vienna_70 said:
Newcastle = loyalty?

Very loyal.

ok ... now lets move onto noise, song variety, humour, matchday experience & numbers. im interested as to which clubs fans people think are better than us.

We have a songbook full of variety of songs but alot rarely get sung, it's the same ones over and over.

Everyone is the same as each other more or less, the only thing i would say we are different in is the humour and the ability to adapt things.

Thinking again, the most loyal fans are fans of clubs like Rochdale. Never won a trophy, never will, have City and United on their doorsteps and could so easily just support one of them. But no, they stick it out at Spotland season after season and I was pleased they got promoted last season, same with Bury this season. Leyton Orient are the same, so many other London clubs they could follow!

That's loyalty!

felixbg said:

b) louder? ... stoke?
d) humour? ... scousers?

In terms of loyalty, whilst no-one who knows anything about football can doubt our loyalty, supporters of lower league and non league clubs are equally worthy of a mention in that regard. To me, they are the real heroes, and the bedrock of our national game.

danburge82 said:
felixbg said:

b) louder? ... stoke?
d) humour? ... scousers?

a) Loyalty - Nobody beats us. Newcastle have had title challenges, cup finals and Champions Lg footy to attract fans. We've had nothing at all!
b) Louder - Sunderland@SoL are the loudest when they get going, best in the country for it. Mainly because of their stadium with it mainly being one big tier all the way round (with a little bit of a second tier above a bit of it). Villa with the Holt End when they can be arsed to get going are very loud n'all. 14500 that stand holds, great stand! Stoke are overrated IMO, but still louder than us. Wolves are loud too, as are both Sheffield clubs two good sets of fans them!
c) Better song variety - United have dozens and dozens of songs. We maybe have a dozen that get sung regularly, which is a huge amount compared to Arsenal and Spurs who hardly sing any songs at all. Liverpool have a lot of good songs as well.
d) Humour - Scousers? NOT A CHANCE MATE! I never hear them chanting funny stuff, off the cuff, like we do! Villa fans are funny, they are original with it and off the cuff. When we beat them 4-0 at Christmas they were really funny and sharing some good banter without being dicks! But we are brilliant for this. One of our best assets for a set of fans!
e) Matchday atmosphere - Liverpool have good banners but that's about it. I think the Poznan is the best thing in English football for a long long time AS LONG AS WE DON'T RINSE IT TOO MUCH!!!
f) Numbers - I think we can be a bit shit on the numbers side considering the size of our club, the size of our city, our situation (most 'on the up' club in world football!). We haven't filled the CoMS once this season! and many away games go on open sale! Blackpool, Sunderland, Wolves, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Stoke, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United can take more than us on a given day to away games.

But I suppose we fair fairly well in each of those catagories. Which makes us pretty good fans. But we aren't the best fans in the country, we have far too many who are far too quiet at the CoMS!

best post ever

felixbg said:

you're having a laugh felix
when keegan went to newcastle in the early 90s they were getting average gates of 12000

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.