Are City listening?

Do we know how the service compares with other clubs? I've only once (Chelsea) been able to get a pint at half time at an away ground. Anyone know fans of other clubs that regularly get served without missing the last 5 mins of the first half and/or first 10 mins of the 2nd?

It does seem to me that serving thousands of fans with a pint in a 15 min period (less if they're actually going to drink it before the 2nd half starts) is a logistical challenge. I would be interested to know if other clubs can manage it, and if so, how.

I don't have a beer at the ground as it's generally lager which I don't like and I'm not that bothered to queue up only to have to force it down due to some draconian law which says you can't drink it in view of the pitch. The last time I bought anything was Blackburn away. It was coffee. Very nice coffee too not the one choice of disgusting stuff we sell. City are so far behind serving the general fans and really it all seems so easy to fix. The token scheme sounds good though, as mentioned above, to be fair.

Do we know how the service compares with other clubs? I've only once (Chelsea) been able to get a pint at half time at an away ground. Anyone know fans of other clubs that regularly get served without missing the last 5 mins of the first half and/or first 10 mins of the 2nd?

It does seem to me that serving thousands of fans with a pint in a 15 min period (less if they're actually going to drink it before the 2nd half starts) is a logistical challenge. I would be interested to know if other clubs can manage it, and if so, how.
with pumps that pull 8 pints in about 10 seconds would be a start

Wigan. Supervised queuing and fast staff serving pre-filled beer glasses.

Bar staff need a rocket up their arses.

I know they're only kids and don't give a shit but in reality they're only very busy for less than an hour in total (includng half-time) so its reasonable to expect them to be on their toes for that period and not traipse around listlessly at a snail's pace.

Been a bar man myself and if I'd stood around gormlessly as if I had all the time in the world there would have been uproar. At City its the norm! Get a move on you fuckers.

Seen those tokens before the game asked the lad behind the bar if they would make a difference "Nah mate not in the slightest" in fact I saw one fella in the queue next to me get to the front and the girl behind the bar didnt have a clue what they were and tried to send him to a different queue.

Its weird because there is so much money to be made and that's pretty much all the club are interested in these days. I seem to remember a few years ago they had lads walking round with big barrels of fosters on their backs, what happend to them?

Seen those tokens before the game asked the lad behind the bar if they would make a difference "Nah mate not in the slightest" in fact I saw one fella in the queue next to me get to the front and the girl behind the bar didnt have a clue what they were and tried to send him to a different queue.

Its weird because there is so much money to be made and that's pretty much all the club are interested in these days. I seem to remember a few years ago they had lads walking round with big barrels of fosters on their backs, what happend to them?

I saw the token thing too and queued up to ask about it. Just before KO thought I'll buy some tokens and use this express queue at half time. Girl hadn't a clue what I was talking about and when she asked someone else they hadn't a clue either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.