Are Fleetwood Mac the wildest band ever?

Not a band but a tour.

Watched a documentary called Festival Express where a record company executive thought it would be a good idea to take Woodstock to the masses in 1970. Hired a train and arranged for 3 shows in the Canadian cities of Toronto, Winnipeg and Calgary (Montreal & Vancouver shows were both cancelled). Artists such as Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Flying Burrito Bros., The Band, Buddy Guy and more were packed off on a drug and drink fueled expedition. There was even an unscheduled stop at a small town so they could buy out the complete stock of a liquor store to replenish the train's dwindling stock.

I don't doubt that, and fair play to them if true. To out debauch the mondays is some achievement.
From what I’ve read about Flowered Up and their (now deceased) lead singer, I’d suggest they could rival the Mondays back in the day. Was sad to read how things ended up; some took things to the edge and some clearly went beyond.

From what I’ve read about Flowered Up and their (now deceased) lead singer, I’d suggest they could rival the Mondays back in the day. Was sad to read how things ended up; some took things to the edge and some clearly went beyond.
Any links to this mate? I love reading about this sort of stuff.

Any links to this mate? I love reading about this sort of stuff.
There was a video I remember seeing of Liam in his bedsit, but I can’t find it just now.

Some decent starting points here though:

And

Edit.
Their greatest song, and my favourite ever music video, gave a decent flavour too I think, though pretty tame compared to some of the reality…

There was a video I remember seeing of Liam in his bedsit, but I can’t find it just now.

Some decent starting points here though:

And
Top man, I'll look after the game, thanks buddy, appreciate it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.