Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

We're still in transition and bedding new players in at moment so it's too early to tell. When games aren't going as well as we'd like it's easy to think of how game would have gone with Gundogan and Mahrez playing but we've thought that before after Yaya Silva Kompany and Aguero left. I like how Pep is refreshing the team with versatile players and how we are constantly tactically evolving. So far so good with our summer signing players.

Like most said, too early to tell. Gundo came up with so many important goals and because of Rodri he was allowed to make those runs into the box. Mahrez will be missed to a lesser degree because Doku as we’ve already seen will give us more pace and more likely to take on his full back. Will miss Mahrez’s take downs though, he was one of the best in the world at that. Eric was a lovely CB but I think we have cover there in Gvardiol.

We've not replaced Gundogans experience at controlling the tempo and intelligent runs including late arrival into the box to score goals. Its likely he would be on a slight decline physically at this point in his career still good enough for another season at least but he wanted the move.

The kicker has been losing KDB and Mahrez as well, our most creative outlets.

I still think we're searching for the right balance and Haalands form in front of goal has dipped but Alvarez has stepped up. If we find the balance and get going, mark my words, there's going to be some slappings handed out. That's before Stones and KDB come back in. I'm hoping the ginger Prince will be our Xmas present.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.