Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

We miss Gundo in so many ways. That's no disrespect to the other guys who we have replaced.

Of course we miss Gundo, for me the most criminally underrated player in our history but we got 7 (I think) wonderful years out of him and he wanted a new challenge. Mahrez did great for us too but we got good money. Palmer hardly played for us

Gundo, Laporte & Mahrez were all fantastic for us at times - and they all scored goals that won us trophies, or helped us to on the final day.

But players don't stay at their very best for too long, and there's an argument (at least while we have FFP) for selling someone while you can still get decent money for them.

Palmer, I don't know; we'll see how his career goes ... but Chelsea's offer (they seem to be overpaying in order to gather some of the best young players in the world) was too good to refuse ? Especially if Bobb is as good as we hope.

Not so much.
Except Gundo, but it was the right time to move on IMO.
Gundo is getting on, and it is time for younger, fresher legs to step up, and what better chance for a refresh after a treble winning season.

The club is doing good by phasing out our older, important players slowly. We keep some, lose some, so we don't force ourselves in a heavy transition season. Worse thing for a team is to lose all of such players at the same time.

If you think Mahrez was World Class then you are delusional. He frequently went missing and picked which games he would play well in.

Doku will be a FAR better player than him
I'll look forward to Doku winning the player of the year award like Mahrez did

Not sure that thinking about these players being missed is the right way to reflect on them. We miss them as they were in rheir prime but it's always sad to see top players stay that one season too long: I wouldn't have wanted to see Gundog and Mahrez in that category. In player terms it's a cyclical game and the skill of the manager is to deal with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.