Are Messi and Ronaldo "head ans shoulder's above the rest?

Sabster said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Messi,

Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta

Everybody else. That's how it looks to me anyway. And to the guy who said put them on Stoke and they wouldn't do much that's just ridiculous. Messi would succeed anywhere he played. You don't have his craft, vision and skill and not succeed even if people are kicking the crap out of you constantly(which they already do). What we'd end up seeing is him lifting the average players of stoke and making them look much better then they are.

There's two real differences between Messi and Ronaldo to me that lift Messi above. One is that Messi makes people around him better. Two is that Messi is better on the ball in traffic. He sees ways to get through packs of defenders that no one else does.

Like he did for Argentina?

In a long ball team like Blackburn Ronaldo would be performing close to his top level, Messi nowhere near.

Your hatred for Messi is beyong=d comprehension, i think you are the only person on the planet that thinks he is shit. He has won World Player of the Year twice in a row. Voted for by people that no more about football than you and yet you still berate him at every opportunity

Sabster said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Messi,

Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta

Everybody else. That's how it looks to me anyway. And to the guy who said put them on Stoke and they wouldn't do much that's just ridiculous. Messi would succeed anywhere he played. You don't have his craft, vision and skill and not succeed even if people are kicking the crap out of you constantly(which they already do). What we'd end up seeing is him lifting the average players of stoke and making them look much better then they are.

There's two real differences between Messi and Ronaldo to me that lift Messi above. One is that Messi makes people around him better. Two is that Messi is better on the ball in traffic. He sees ways to get through packs of defenders that no one else does.

In a long ball team like Blackburn Ronaldo would be performing close to his top level, Messi nowhere near.

Which player has succeeded and played great under the fantastic coach Maradona? Look at how Messi and Argentina is playing under the new Argentina coach to see the difference.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Sabster said:

Your hatred for Messi is beyong=d comprehension, i think you are the only person on the planet that thinks he is shit. He has won World Player of the Year twice in a row. Voted for by people that no more about football than you and yet you still berate him at every opportunity

Hatred? He is the player I enjoy watching the most and I think he is joint best player in the world.

I just hate the constant arselicking of him and the creation of this idea that he can do anything. He has his limitations as do all players.

But do you agree or disagree that Ronaldo would perform better in the PL than Messi?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 am --<br /><br />
Somud said:
Sabster said:

Which player has succeeded and played great under the fantastic coach Maradona? Look at how Messi and Argentina is playing under the new Argentina coach to see the difference.

Can people stop using this argument - if Messi was a defender, this argument would be fine. But Maradona sides were set out to attack - they had loads of possession and loads of the ball and Messi was given a free role. Higuain and Tevez managed to perform.

Sabster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Hatred? He is the player I enjoy watching the most and I think he is joint best player in the world.

I just hate the constant arselicking of him and the creation of this idea that he can do anything. He has his limitations as do all players.

But do you agree or disagree that Ronaldo would perform better in the PL than Messi?

Well Ronaldo did perform well in the PL thats a fact which you cant dispute but Messi has played well against PL teams in the CL. Its something i would like to know the answer to but we are unlikely to ever know. I think it would take Messi a season to get used to it and the team would have to be built round him just like Real Madrid and united did for Ronaldo

Sabster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

But do you agree or disagree that Ronaldo would perform better in the PL than Messi?

The classic argument about physique that Dzekos will perform so much better in the PL than the Silvas of this world doesnt really stand up to scrutiny. Messi in the PL would be a blast to watch

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Sabster said:

Well Ronaldo did perform well in the PL thats a fact which you cant dispute but Messi has played well against PL teams in the CL. Its something i would like to know the answer to but we are unlikely to ever know. I think it would take Messi a season to get used to it and the team would have to be built round him just like Real Madrid and united did for Ronaldo

He has scored 6 ish goals in 18 games - hardly great is it (and that is with his 4 against arsenal)<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 am --<br /><br />
Somud said:
Sabster said:

The classic argument about physique that Dzekos will perform so much better in the PL than the Silvas of this world doesnt really stand up to scrutiny. Messi in the PL would be a blast to watch

Did you see the first half of the game yesterday? - Every team in the PL would play like that and he would get more and more frustrated.

Sabster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

He has scored 6 ish goals in 18 games - hardly great is it (and that is with his 4 against arsenal)

Yeah but his overall play has always been decent, by the way what has happened to Villa lately, looks like he couldnt hit a barn door with a nuclear weapon
-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 am --

Somud said:

Did you see the first half of the game yesterday? - Every team in the PL would play like that and he would get more and more frustrated.

Sabster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 am --

Somud said:

Can people stop using this argument - if Messi was a defender, this argument would be fine. But Maradona sides were set out to attack - they had loads of possession and loads of the ball and Messi was given a free role. Higuain and Tevez managed to perform.

Nonsense. Just because a side is "set out to attack" doesnt mean anything when the manager is a clown. If your grandma coached Argentina to attack, then Messi should perform, is that your argument? Even though Messi didnt score, he created almost all of Argentinas goals, a feat in itself when the opposition put a sole focus on him to stop Argentinas attacks. Messi were better than both Higuain and Tevez (and better than Ronaldo too!) in the World Cup but they had far less expectations on them, and goals of course create headlines, not the brain behind the goals.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 am --<br /><br />
Sabster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

He has scored 6 ish goals in 18 games - hardly great is it (and that is with his 4 against arsenal)

-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 am --

Somud said:

Talk about pick and choose. Messi was arguably the best player in the game together with Casillas.

If you think every team in the PL can play like Mourinhos team, then you are clearly delusional.

Sabster said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Messi,

Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta

The same can be said of Ronaldo for Portugal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.