are norwich taking the ****?

In answer to the Op..yes they are. £50-£60 is the going rate for stadium music gigs, but they are one off events that people don't mind paying a premiuim for..one game out of 38 league games does not merit that kind of premiuim..unless perhaps it's the last day of the season. The premier league would do well to impose a standard away fan cap of ,say, £35, and leave it up to the home side to find creative ways of generating revenue from their own fan base.

blueshortshorts said:
In answer to the Op..yes they are. £50-£60 is the going rate for stadium music gigs, but they are one off events that people don't mind paying a premiuim for..one game out of 38 league games does not merit that kind of premiuim..unless perhaps it's the last day of the season. The premier league would do well to impose a standard away fan cap of ,say, £35, and leave it up to the home side to find creative ways of generating revenue from their own fan base.

The reason they have different categories though is because of police costs and them being charged back to the club. The higher risk, the more police and therefore the higher the cost of policing. This obviously, as with everything, gets passed on to the fan.

People often refer to concerts and operas etc but they don't need hundreds of police to keep order.

johnmc said:
The reason they have different categories though is because of police costs and them being charged back to the club. The higher risk, the more police and therefore the higher the cost of policing. This obviously, as with everything, gets passed on to the fan.
Rubbish, we took 6000 to the emirates last year for a cc game, it was £10 to get in, the game was sold out. This year in the league we will have 2600 there, and its £62, bit it will be also sold out. Arsenal are taking the piss, its nothing to do with the cost of policing any more, just the calibre of the opposition, but we do the same so its hard to criticise.

cleavers said:
johnmc said:
Rubbish, we took 6000 to the emirates last year for a cc game, it was £10 to get in, the game was sold out. This year in the league we will have 2600 there, and its £62, bit it will be also sold out. Arsenal are taking the piss, its nothing to do with the cost of policing any more, just the calibre of the opposition, but we do the same so its hard to criticise.

There won't have been as many police for the carling cup game as there were the league game I promise you. But yes there isn't as much as a difference as the price suggests.

lancs blue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
forevermancity said:
Poor that some are going. Probs JCL'S who cherry pick aways.

I'm boycotting, as are most decent blues

you can fuck off with that attitude, well out of order to label those going as 'poor'

I'm going, so I'm not a decent blue presumably? Why all the fuss about Norwich, it's not as if £50 for an away is something new. Yes ticket prices are too high generally but boycotts are a complete waste of time as the "product" is so popular currently that there will always be a demand for the tickets. In the meantime either go or don't go as you please but don't presume to tell others what to do.

correct..and don,t tell others what to do when city charge high prices for selected games and have done for some time now.don,t have a go at norwich,we are just as bad.

cleavers said:
johnmc said:

Was about to say the same thing! - Policing cost's my arse.. Why are we now a "higher risk" now were Champions than we were 4 seasons ago? More like clubs want to take the piss!

lancs blue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
forevermancity said:

you can fuck off with that attitude, well out of order to label those going as 'poor'

I'm going, so I'm not a decent blue presumably? Why all the fuss about Norwich, it's not as if £50 for an away is something new. Yes ticket prices are too high generally but boycotts are a complete waste of time as the "product" is so popular currently that there will always be a demand for the tickets. In the meantime either go or don't go as you please but don't presume to tell others what to do.

Unbelievable isn't it? We're now getting stick for actually attending away matches. Everyone knows £50 is excessive but as you've said, Norwich aren't doing anything different to what most other clubs are doing in this league. As for the laughable claim that it'll be JCL's attending this match, what a crock of shit. It was £45 last season yet I bumped into plenty of old faces that I'd not seen for ages, and the JCL's and so-called tourists that you may get at the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea away were pretty much conspicuous by their absence.

forevermancity said:

So your boycotting but decided not to tell anyone?

I would happily have boycotted if I had been informed. Instead this is the first I have read about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.