Are Rangers worth their place in the Champions League?

ICT-Tam said:
And there you go again! Such a stereotypical, English thing to say. If you actually found a bit of basis for your comments, rather than just sprouting the same old shite you read in some 50p newspaper then it would be worth valuing your opinion.
Very fair comment,i think a lot are just having a pop for the sake of having a pop,the top 2 teams in Scotland over the last 10 yrs have apart from our top 4 done better in Europe than the others in the prem.
Some crowds those 2 get aswell.

They were champions of Scotland last year, got a huge fanbase and won the Europa cup in 2008...yeah they deserve to be in the Champions League, despite them being cunts haha

kippax94 said:
They were champions of Scotland last year, got a huge fanbase and won the Europa cup in 2008...yeah they deserve to be in the Champions League, despite them being ***** haha
Did the Europa Cup exist in 2008?

I thought it was the Uefa Cup and they didn't win it. They got beat by Zenit St Petersburg with Arshavin playing a blinder.

Or am I completely senile?

mr t said:
kippax94 said:
They were champions of Scotland last year, got a huge fanbase and won the Europa cup in 2008...yeah they deserve to be in the Champions League, despite them being ***** haha
Did the Europa Cup exist in 2008?

I thought it was the Uefa Cup and they didn't win it. They got beat by Zenit St Petersburg with Arshavin playing a blinder.

Or am I completely senile?

Spot on.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Nicky D said:
In fairness to Rangers and Celtic, it's pretty hard to compete in comps like the UCL when the TV revenue they receive is so tiny in comparison with say, the Prem. Pretty understandable really.

The times I have watched Celtic lately (have a masochistic tendency to cast a critical eye over the BigGreek!) reminded me of watching City in darker days, not too far back either.

It's an interesting debate about the inclusion of Celtic/Rangers in a different league, whether it's Championship or the so-called Atlantic League. They are desperate for some good hard dosh which the Scottish Leagues can't generate. Currently neither of them seems to be DOMINATING their own league.

If Rangers and Celtic were to leave the SPL, you'd have to worry about the implications for the remaining SPL clubs. Any TV deal would be significantly less without the Old Firm. Besides, were a Old Firm-less SPL granted Champions League spots, then the same questions we are dealing with now would arise again, only this time concerning Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United etc.

I really don't know where Scottish football goes from here, it's so hard to say. Do the Old Firm accept being financial second-class citizens, or do they seek potential greater riches elsewhere?

Is that the same Rangers that beat us earlier on this year. Not everybody has access to the same amount of money as we do. They have an unsackable manager who is a complete dinosaur and one thing that annoys the sh1te out of me is the continual slagging of Rangers fans for running amok throughout our city.
Complete bollox, if Manchester had competent officials running it then they might even have organised some proper facilities for the Uefa Cup Final, instead of a tiny fanszone in Picadilly Gardens, no toilet facilities and no fecking bins to put the empties in.
Sure the place was a mess, cleaned up by 12 oclock the next day and the city had made a fortune, absolute fortune of the back of no facilities for at least 150,000 Rangers fans, none, and to top it all off the biggest day out of their recent lives and the screens don't work.
Big bad Rangers fans, believe me Manchester didn't come out of that great either.
Why not have a topic do Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea deserve to be in the "Champions" League, until we actually win something, then we have no right to crow about how sh1te someone else is really.

Of course they deserve to be in the competition, just as that Romanian side deserves to be in it - because they are "Champions"!!

Its a novel concept given the amount of Champions League places available to clubs nowadays, bring back the European Cup I say!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.