Are The Beatles and Queen overrated?

How many number ones has the X Factor produced?
Number ones just mean sales, not quality.
It's like saying the rags sell the most replica shirts per season so they must be the best team in the world.
I've grown up (I'm now 61) being told The Beatles are the best band in the world ever just like I'm told the rags / red scousers are the best ever football team in the world. As with the majority of the population, tell them something enough times and they will believe it.....
Don't believe the hype.
That goes for the Smiths too.

Absolute load of shite.

I didn't say they couldn't have been, I expressed my opinion that they were no better than session musicians. Indeed, they were probably a lot worse than many 'unsung' session musicians.
Jesus Christ!

I’ve heard it all now.

Brian, Roger and John are all brilliant musicians in their own right.

Freddie would never have been what he was without the other members of Queen.

Last edited:
My two favourite bands. The record sales and the enduring appeal of both don’t lie.

I’ve loved Queen ever since their first single, Seven Seas Of Rhye. Their music was full of brilliant tunes and intelligent lyrics.

Freddie was arguably the greatest front-man ever, with a fantastic stage presence and a superb voice to match.

The Beatles were brilliant too.

The evolution of their music was plain to hear from album to album, and they were pioneers in their use of non-conventional pop/rock music instruments, especially on Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Neither band is overrated, IMHO.
Second. Keep yourself alive was their first single (July 1973). Rhye was their first top 10 single, seven months later.

When you were growing up, were you told a million times of all the troubles in your way? But you probably grew a little wiser, a little better every day?

Reactions: OB1
Second. Keep yourself alive was their first single (July 1973). Rhye was their first top 10 single, seven months later.

When you were growing up, were you told a million times of all the troubles in your way? But you probably grew a little wiser, a little better every day?
You’re splitting hairs, J.

I know Keep Yourself Alive was the first single, but it didn’t chart, therefore I didn’t hear it, until I bought Queen I.

I meant their first Top 30 single.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.