Are these expected and preferred moves for City in Summer?

fbloke said:
I am sure my name is now familiar to most regular visitors to the BM forum, either for good or ill i wouldn't like to say.

But the other side of of the familiarity is that I have engaged with many people on here and added to the threads in as constructive a manner as I could.

I am also pretty familiar with the 'hot topics' but I am wondering if the vocal minority on here actually speak for the rest of you?

The people who browse but dont post, the ones who remain silent in fear being 'ragged' to death.

So (which of) do these things match your own aspirations for City in summer?

1. Garry Cook removed from his position
POSSIBLE

2. Mancini replaced by the Jose (Holy) One
NAILED ON

3. Torres to sign
NAILED ON
4. Gerrard to sign
DOUBT IT
5. Squad to be refreshed at the expense of Ireland and Onuoha
YES AMONGST OTHERS

I have steered well clear of the stadium development plans and other infrastructure issues as that is another thread in its own right.

well one i would definetly have is torress at city gerrard pftttt no. another certain one is gary cook out of that position i really dont care who takes over i just really dont like him at all and never have and never will people on this seem to talk sense :L so get on that bleedin pannel and take that job of that man who me for one thinks that he doesnt know what hes doing and just embarresses our club for exsample when we were chasing kaka last janruary i was certain this was never in a million years going to happen now and gary cook *spit* travelled halfway around the world to chase a player which we really was not going to get at that point of the season or that seaon for that matter i think we would look more professional with someone that doesnt show us up like that i mean 100 million now wayyy idiottt!! right calmm calmmm :L

Another couple of years establishing ourselves before the top players will sign, imo.

fbloke said:
I am sure my name is now familiar to most regular visitors to the BM forum, either for good or ill i wouldn't like to say.

But the other side of of the familiarity is that I have engaged with many people on here and added to the threads in as constructive a manner as I could.

I am also pretty familiar with the 'hot topics' but I am wondering if the vocal minority on here actually speak for the rest of you?

The people who browse but dont post, the ones who remain silent in fear being 'ragged' to death.

So (which of) do these things match your own aspirations for City in summer?

Definitely do not want this - he is doing a great job at what he is responsible for - all this focus on gaffes is shallow bollocks - we need to expand big time in a commercial sense - and that is what he is about -and doing well - people need to forget the mickey mouse stuff and see big picture

If he is to be replaced - please anyone but Jose - Jose is self-obsessed and we will have a a couple of years of a media-fest then he will be off - the Platini regulations show that we need strategic investment for a decade in youth etc - Jose has no interest that I can see in strategic investment - again all the clamour for Jose is from fans that just get turned on by a name and are not seeing the big picture - I would like Mancini to stay

3. Torres to sign

Yes please - tailor-made for the premiership and a player that could walk into any team

4. Gerrard to sign

No thanks - past it now - there are better out there at a better age - he is not what we need

5. Squad to be refreshed at the expense of Ireland and Onuoha

This should have been Stevie's season - we are crying out for a MF that can link to the attack - but he has not moved on - we need such a player as the joint top priority - along with RB - Stevie should be part of the squad and provide cover - hopefully regaining his form - Ned should continue what he he is - a good squad player

I have steered well clear of the stadium development plans and other infrastructure issues as that is another thread in its own right.

NiceN Sleazy said:
Another couple of years establishing ourselves before the top players will sign, imo.

Yep, me too.
Graham Hunter was on just then and more or less just scoffed the idea of Torres coming in the summer. He said if he goes it will more or less be certain he would go to Barca. he said Torres to City? 'No chance'. Then they talked about Villa going to Real and his words were, 'Madrid can't compete with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal who all want him, (Villa)'. No mention of us, but it doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Pigeonho said:
NiceN Sleazy said:

Yep, me too.
Graham Hunter was on just then and more or less just scoffed the idea of Torres coming in the summer. He said if he goes it will more or less be certain he would go to Barca. he said Torres to City? 'No chance'. Then they talked about Villa going to Real and his words were, 'Madrid can't compete with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal who all want him, (Villa)'. No mention of us, but it doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Although I agree there's little or no chance of Torres coming hare, why can't Madrid compete with Arsenal, the rags or Chelsea?

fbloke said:
Agree he is a half-wit in front of a camera or in public but I get the distinct impression he know's what he's doing commercially. Therefore I'd keep him and let someone else do any interviews or PR events!!!!

Must admit I was STRONGLY in this camp not so long ago. Admire Jose for his confidence and must win attitude but the longer Bobby Manc is around the more impressed I am. Think Bobby could mix Jose's ability to win matches with a better blend of football given time - Chelsea were turning into 'boring boring Arsenal' under Jose!!!

3. Torres to sign
I really hope we don't go down this route. He is an undoubtedly great player but I don't want us to spend a fortune on a player that will only manage 20 games per season. Would prefer Higuain who I believe is more suited to playing with Tevez.

4. Gerrard to sign
Again wouldn't be my 1st choice. Another fantastic player but would cost far too much for what you'd get. Don't think he's 'over the hill' but can't remember any rave reviews for him this season?!? Think we should be looking out for younger hungrier players who are looking to make their name not just for one last big contract.

5. Squad to be refreshed at the expense of Ireland and Onuoha.
Yes we may need to freshen up the squad and let some of the dead-wood go but I think if Ireland fit's into Bobby Mancs formation next season he'd still be worth having for the next 12 months. As for Onuoha I really believe he could be a 1 club man, much like a Wes Brown type player. I feel he could be a fantastic squad player and if we can keep him fit and happy I'd definitely have him around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.