Are u happy with the 1-1 or is it the beginning of the end?

Cheesy said:
oakiecokie said:
But I bet you wern,t whinging when Chelsea continually beat the rags under Mourinho.
We appear to be more concerned with the opposition (aka Pearce) than they should be about us,with our attacking capabilities !!
Teams like this should be afraid of us,but I accept that things don,rt always go to plan.
However,we have had plenty of opportunities to play with a decent 4-4-2 formation but failed to grab the initiative,thats what is so frustrating.
You forget that for 12+ months Hughes was left with some terrible players from mostly Svens reign.Mr.M has far better players but at times he choses to play "square pegs in round holes"
That you can,t deny !!!!

You've got a weird kind of logic. Mancini has Hughes' team plus Johnson & Viera. Mancini averages more points per game & we're now better off in the league than we were when he was appointed.

That you can't deny!!!!

Think your name speaks volumes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oakiecokie said:
Cheesy said:
You've got a weird kind of logic. Mancini has Hughes' team plus Johnson & Viera. Mancini averages more points per game & we're now better off in the league than we were when he was appointed.

That you can't deny!!!!

Think your name speaks volumes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your lack of a reasonable reply says much more.

oakiecokie said:
But I bet you wern,t whinging when Chelsea continually beat the rags under Mourinho.

Im not whinging, im just pointing out that the massive gap in your football knowledge that a Mourinho City will play exactly the same as a Mancini City.

oakiecokie said:
We appear to be more concerned with the opposition (aka Pearce) than they should be about us,with our attacking capabilities !!

Why is it also known as Pearce? Anyway Hughes was all about attacking capabilities and thats we we shipped 3 v Burnley. 3 v Sunderland, drew with Hull and Flham at home etc. Got beat by Forest and Brighton, Couldnt stop Hamburg scoring three at their place.

oakiecokie said:
Teams like this should be afraid of us,but I accept that things don,rt always go to plan.
However,we have had plenty of opportunities to play with a decent 4-4-2 formation but failed to grab the initiative,thats what is so frustrating.
You forget that for 12+ months Hughes was left with some terrible players from mostly Svens reign.

We played 4-4-2 for 60 mins of the game on Sunday and it didnt work. Santa Cruz and SWP are Hughes' players and they are both not upto the standard that i expect.

Santa Cruz never has and never will be. SWP first touch is actually getting worse (if thats possible), there is no end product and he does not understand anything about football. You always go accross the keeper not smack it as hard as you can and hope for the best. Id take a Petrov and an Elano or Bojinov (Sven players) over those two anyday.

oakiecokie said:
Mr.M has far better players but at times he choses to play "square pegs in round holes"
That you can,t deny !!!!

Ok, then who else would you of played on Sunday? Ireland is the only fir attacking players who didnt play. Yes maybe he could of come into the middle but at then end of the day we had 6 - Barry, RSC, SWP, Bellamy, Bellamt, Tevev - yes 6 clear cut chances to score. If Craig Gordan has a stinker we trounce them 4-1 and your probably on hear talking about how good a manager he is.

de niro said:
the begining of the end was when we wasted the jan window.

The issue with January transfers is that there is no guarantee at all that the player will hit the ground running.
It's hard enough starting a new season with players who've been bought over the summer period and have had a couple of months with their new team mates.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about drawing on Sunday, but I look at it as a point gained.
I view the draws at home vs Burnley, Hull and Fulham as fucking disasters though.

The Pink Panther said:
de niro said:
the begining of the end was when we wasted the jan window.

The issue with January transfers is that there is no guarantee at all that the player will hit the ground running.
It's hard enough starting a new season with players who've been bought over the summer period and have had a couple of months with their new team mates.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about drawing on Sunday, but I look at it as a point gained.
I view the draws at home vs Burnley, Hull and Fulham as fucking disasters though.

The 8 fooking draws were a disaster tbh..if only we'd won 4 of those we would have 4th spot wrapped up I rekon.

samharris said:
The Pink Panther said:

The 8 fooking draws were a disaster tbh..if only we'd won 4 of those we would have 4th spot wrapped up I rekon.

4th? We'd be challenging for the bloody title!

As much as I hate all the DM crap. I have to say. Vieira looks awesome when he comes on. That big presence in the midfield does very well with Mancini's tactics. Just imagine if we had a younger guy to play that role.. someone like MacDonald (spl?). I bet if we had that young Kenyan guy this team would be a lot different. I fully expect to get someone like that in the summer window, and I also have a feeling that piece will be an absolute catalyst for this team.

Seeing as there wasn't much movement in the January window I'm guessing that Mancini is mostly happy with the team. That big midfielder is probably the one thing he needs to make his style really go.

To answer the OP's question. In the end, (and a day later), I am happy with the result. AJ's goal was absolutely brilliant.

Somud said:
Everything considered in this match against Sunderland, do you think 1-1 is satisfying or does this match prove that we are on a downward spiral? Would you have taken the result before the match?

We will lose to a shit team again before the end of the season and even that won't be the end cos Spurs Villa and Liverpool all will as well! as long as we keep ourselves in the chase up to the end of the season I think our home games against Spurs and Villa may decide it!<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 pm --<br /><br />
Somud said:
Everything considered in this match against Sunderland, do you think 1-1 is satisfying or does this match prove that we are on a downward spiral? Would you have taken the result before the match?

We will lose to a shit team again before the end of the season and even that won't be the end cos Spurs Villa and Liverpool all will as well! as long as we keep ourselves in the chase up to the end of the season I think our home games against Spurs and Villa may decide it!

Somud said:

i think i would of took it at HT, but before the game i expected a win, we should of won that game yesterday with no problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.