Are we better than Chelsea?

SamTheGuru

Team supported
MCFC OK
Is that 5.5 vs 0.5 for this season? Ouch.

*please pardon the Americanism.

Well, when you consider we never really got going this year, and still finished a comfortable 2nd, then it's hard to make a case against it. Chelsea are a big threat for the title next season though, no doubt about it - if they can form some kind of consistency then they will be a top team.

There'll be a lot harder to beat under Jose next season.

Hopefully we will be as well under Pellegrini.

Blue Coop said:
Well, when you consider we never really got going this year, and still finished a comfortable 2nd, then it's hard to make a case against it. Chelsea are a big threat for the title next season though, no doubt about it - if they can form some kind of consistency then they will be a top team.

I can't see them being a serious threat as long as they keep their midfield and the 3 amigos. Their midfield is not strong enough to allow them to play 4-2-4.

Blue Punter said:
There'll be a lot harder to beat under Jose next season.

Hopefully we will be as well under Pellegrini.

Jose and Benitez play very similarly.

I don't think it's going to matter much unless they upgrade that back line. Major issues back there. Jose likes a solid line that doesn't waver. Once Marin and a couple others are back into the first squad it will be interesting to watch them play. But I don't expect them to dominant. Slightly better than this season points wise.

SamTheGuru said:
Blue Coop said:

I can't see them being a serious threat as long as they keep their midfield and the 3 amigos. Their midfield is not strong enough to allow them to play 4-2-4.

I agree with that. Look at how good Ramires is when pushed further forward. He is wasted as a holding midfielder and I think that's where Chelsea lack quality. They have too many good attacking/creative midfielders (if thats possible). But if they do get a good holding midfielder and a very good striker, I think they could really challenge for the league next season.

Can't really count 2 friendly matches with inexperienced players on both sides and nothing on the line.

But based on last season, yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.