Are we better than Chelsea?

Chelsea is stacked like talent and will spend money this summer. If they get Mou as a manager and buy a top striker or two, they are going to be right there challenging for the title. But right now, we have a more balanced squad.

marco said:
ermm 15 goals in two games i'd say staged to some degree although how i dont know

So defending is not allowed in America.....<br /><br />-- Sun May 26, 2013 2:33 am --<br /><br />
AustinBlue said:
Chelsea is stacked like talent and will spend money this summer. If they get Mou as a manager and buy a top striker or two, they are going to be right there challenging for the title. But right now, we have a more balanced squad.

They just don't have the midfield. Yaya and Barry vs Ramirez and Lampard/Obi-Mikel. No wonder we keep beating them in the 4-2-4 vs 4-2-4

I didn't have a chance to watch the match in NYC because I had to take a nap after getting an old fashioned from the missus... but if we dominated them again, then we're giving their youngsters a precedent.

The longer we can give them a beating the harder it will be for those kids to even imagine beating us. If we pull another double over them this season, I think we'll possibly become their bogey team.

marco said:
ermm 15 goals in two games i'd say staged to some degree although how i dont know

Seriously?? Or just fielding some youngsters which allowed for mistakes and goals galore??

I think we have a far better balance. If Mourinho comes in he'll definitely look to change that though. Their midfield is full of flair but it's a bit weak. The only holding player they have is Mikel unless you play Luiz out of position and even then he's a bit of a nutcase. They need a player like Essien was on top form to boss their midfield. Or maybe someone like Ballack.

City have got some flair players but still plenty of mettle like Yaya, Rodwell, Garcia, Milner and to an extent Barry.

Didn't Pellegrini say "you can't just make a band with 7 guitarists, you need a few drummers" or something along those lines?

chelsea side is poor at the moment. but there's rumors that their going to spend big this summer. and mourinho might come back to stamford bridge.

Have been in the past two years and hopefully will again next year.

I wouldn't read anything into the two friendlies despite the fact no matter the game its always good to win them.

Chelsea had more players that won't play for them next season playing in the two games than we did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.