Are we better than Chelsea?

Chelsea's strength is its weakness at the same time. Mata/Hazard/Oscar.

These three are fantastic but nowhere near disciplined and they rarely track back..

If Mourinho can use them the right way and make them become useful defensively as he did with Duff, Cole, Robben 8/9 years ago Chelsea will be hard to beat.

Mourinho will bring the aura back to Chelsea, tweak their team, and make them title contenders again. They have the nucleus of a great team but missing some key parts like a really disciplined ball-winning midfielder (I reckon he will bring Khedira from Real Madrid) and a really consistent goal scorer (maybe Lukaku can play the Drogba role or they could sign someone like Gomez or Yilmaz).

marco said:
ermm 15 goals in two games i'd say staged to some degree although how i dont know

I think it was almost certainly staged.

It depends if you agree that staged includes both teams agreeing to emphasize attack over defence to ensure a spectacle, even at the expense of the result. AND.. fielding young and inexperienced players but also talented, but tired, regulars in holiday mode. This combination pretty much guaranteed the type of entertainment required by all concerned.

philtenerife said:
difficult to rate the performance on such a small pitch tonight (without being biased)

Very little serious tackling. Wait till three points are at stake and we'll see a different couple of matches. But the balance over the last couple of seasons has certainly shifted. Went to the Etihad couple of seasons ago and a casual attender asked me what I expected,and I said they would give us a football lesson, which they duly did! The boot is now changing to the other foot.

If we finish above Chelsea next May, I think we may well be PL champions. They have a very good side now; if they get a decent striker (or two) in to replace Torres and/or Ba, they'll be very hard to beat under Mourinho. I'm taking no notice of a couple of end of season kickabouts played to please sponsors and raise ''brand awareness'' in the Yew Ess Ofay.

Dethred said:
SuperYaya said:
Didn't Pellegrini say "you can't just make a band with 7 guitarists, you need a few drummers" or something along those lines?

10 guitarists and no pianist.

How about one guitarist with five guitars....

beea29.jpg

Phuket Blue said:
marco said:
ermm 15 goals in two games i'd say staged to some degree although how i dont know

I think it was almost certainly staged.

It depends if you agree that staged includes both teams agreeing to emphasize attack over defence to ensure a spectacle, even at the expense of the result. AND.. fielding young and inexperienced players but also talented, but tired, regulars in holiday mode. This combination pretty much guaranteed the type of entertainment required by all concerned.

definitely staged to some degree , goalkeepers defo under orders to gift a few soft goals and then to make an effort for certain period's to cover up , Joe Hart for the first goal in St louis stands out a mile,running behind ba and not bothering to punch the ball, while Czech was giving a goalkeeping master class in the first half for Chelsea, Matas free last night looked great but not so difficult for top class player like him to ping it in the top corner when Richard Wright is giving him almost empty net to shoot at .The American audience were entertained and both teams put on a good show.
It just surprised me how it was also an exhibition of how easy it is to fix a game especially with all the match fixing allegations in the news , as far as im aware you could bet on those games .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.