Are we better than Chelsea?

Rammyblues said:
It doesn't matter who is better, all that matters is whether the competition between the two clubs is healthy IMO it is. I would rather all the top five clubs were closer together in terms of points and making a real go of it in prem league next season it makes for a better league and more exciting football. But I am old fashioned.

A five way race for the title would be incredible entertainment. I think there is the potential for it next season though. All of the top 5 teams with a few signings could be contenders, taking off my Spurs supporting hat for a minute I think the current Arsenal team has a lot of potential. Chelsea I think they need a top class striker and central midfielders, which Jose will no doubt bring in. Their attacking midfield options are outstanding and I think their defense is solid. I think though they would be making a big mistake by not bringing De Bruyne and Lukaku (and maybe Cortouis) back into the team. United I think seriously downgraded their manager which in turn brings everyone else closer but I can't see Moyes beating Mourinho especially in a league format. Pellegrini and Wenger imo are outstanding (and in some ways similar) managers.

And I think Spurs has great potential under AVB. If we bring in a few top signings I think we could be in the hunt as well. There is some talk of David Villa which I think would be an excellent if not short term acquisition (though idk if I see that one happening), Leandro Damaio, Younes Belhanda, and Aubameyang, along with others. Those four players would have us challenging I think but idk if I see that happening.

This season we have out classed Chelsea but next season when they have jose there going to be a much bigger threat.

Barcon said:
Yes. I fully expect mourinho to fail in a big way also.

It depends on the signings he makes though. If he started next season with the same squad they have now I expect he might fail. If they splash out upwards of 60-70m they'll probably do well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.