Are we dining at the top table or not?

OB1 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
BobKowalski said:

Can everyone stop saying we have 3 strikers in the squad, purleeeease?! We don't. We have just 2, because Jovetic is no more a striker than Jennifer Aniston is blowing me as I type this

So what do you think Jovetic is?

An attacking midfielder, a no.10, a link man who plays in the hole, a midfielder who drifts in off the flanks, whatever you want to call it. What he most definitely is not, is a line leading centre forward

Mister Appointment said:
One thing i'm delighted about - they didn't decide to panic buy fucking Bony or someone of that ilk.

I suppose that's one of the major reasons it doesn't bother me. I'm happy to let it slide, even if as you say they just weren't prepared for the Falcao snub, because the money in the bank means they can pretty much covet who they want next summer. We've seen how Txiki and Co work in the main. Today's links to Pogba/Barkley/Reus have got me very excited. Two from those three would be a proper smack to our rivals.

I am also pleased that we did not panic buy; although I would have been happy with a left field type loan deal.

I hope the story that we intend to get Reus is true. I see that Draxler was also supposed to be on our radar; as he should be.

I really want us to get Barkley too because we have to more homegrown talent in the squad and there is not much of it about at the level we require.

I think we need to be going for three Michelin stars next summer.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
One thing i'm delighted about - they didn't decide to panic buy fucking Bony or someone of that ilk.

I suppose that's one of the major reasons it doesn't bother me. I'm happy to let it slide, even if as you say they just weren't prepared for the Falcao snub, because the money in the bank means they can pretty much covet who they want next summer. We've seen how Txiki and Co work in the main. Today's links to Pogba/Barkley/Reus have got me very excited. Two from those three would be a proper smack to our rivals.

I am also pleased that we did not panic buy; although I would have been happy with a left field type loan deal.

I hope the story that we intend to get Reus is true. I see that Draxler was also supposed to be on our radar; as he should be.

I really want us to get Barkley too because we have to more homegrown talent in the squad and there is not much of it about at the level we require.

Agreed. We've had a couple of sensible summers now, rejigging the squad in the image Txiki and Pellegrini want, clearing out players who will never be part of this clubs long term plans. Next summer is time to make a statement.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

Daft as it sounds, I suspect we already know what the chances are of getting any of the three of them. Barkley I know wants to come and would've taken the move this summer had City agreed a fee. He stalled on his contract offer from Everton on that basis by all accounts.

Reus will be a fucking difficult transfer all ends up. The good thing is Barcelona can't buy anyone, and Madrid surely to shit can't buy another winger next summer. Leaves us, Chelsea, Arsenal, and United in England. And the obvious Bayern Munich situation. Wouldn't bet on us getting him even if we go balls deep. Draxler will be a decent second option as would Muniain (surprised we didn't move for him this summer).

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Criminally Insane said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
To the criminal standard!

so your backing city for the knockout stages of the champions league then?

And with the squad will go on to win it?

and before the insults come my way i am not a rag so don;t go there
I wouldn't say you were necessarily a rag, more someone who has a somewhat unsophisticated mind, as borne out by the contents of the final part of the last paragraph of your post which I commented upon.

These mega rich owners should start to talk champions league winners when they dig deeper into there riches and bring real class to city

your not saying anything your writing it and its the same shit that bores the members and drives them away from debating the rights and wrongs of the club.

If you have a point to make you could have fooled me

The thread wasn't born out od defeat to Stoke..I actually had forgotten that by.8pm on Saturday night.

It was simply the fact that we sold Negredo and didn't replace.

In my opinion,up top we are weaker than last season but only time will tell.

Soriano and Cheeky are doing a fantastic job.

OB1 said:
Can everyone stop saying we have 3 strikers in the squad, purleeeease?! We don't. We have just 2, because Jovetic is no more a striker than Jennifer Aniston is blowing me as I type this

An attacking midfielder, a no.10, a link man who plays in the hole, a midfielder who drifts in off the flanks, whatever you want to call it. What he most definitely is not, is a line leading centre forward

Wasting your time mate.
If he's a striker on Fifa then he's a striker.

GaudinoMotors said:
OB1 said:

Wasting your time mate.

What a silly comment. So you think Pellegrini has regularly played him as a striker, and classes him as one of his strikers because he's played too much FIFA?

Mister Appointment said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Wasting your time mate.

What a silly comment. So you think Pellegrini has regularly played him as a striker, and classes him as one of his strikers because he's played too much FIFA?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.