Are we dining at the top table or not?

willipp said:
crmcfc said:
Looks to me like we have been sleep walking in the market as we did the summer after we first won the league.

Good luck to Negredo I wish him well I don't understand why we are forced into loans deals all we needed cash in now, I'm not sure how this obligatory purchase will pan out not convinced its the best for us. Similar for Richards and Guidetti, get the money in. Don't forget the Negredo move has been on the cards for weeks so it was no last day shock.

Underwhelmed with Cabellero and Fernando, Sagna will be solid at best and Mangala still not kicked a ball at £32 million. Aguero, Jovetic and Kompany WILL miss chunks of the season with injuries, maybe we have some lads coming through the academy?

Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all look considerably stronger than last season, I think we would be pushing it if we said we had stayed still.

We are still the champions and a great team but we don't half make it difficult.

I really don't understand why you would be underwhelmed. Last season we knew we were crying out for a good CB to partner VK. Then MDM found his form and looked a very very good player for the last third of the season. We have added one of the most highly rated young CB's in world football to our squad. A keeper who was voted keeper of the year in Spain 2 years ago i think. We have Fernando who so far looks a very good player and added some valuable cover for Zabba.

For me we have been excellent in the transfer market. We addressed our needs and strengthened the squad. A squad that won the league last season and is full of players hitting their prime. Not sure how you can see the future with injuries, but we have the squad to cover those injuries just like we did last season. Negredo got injured mid january last season and pretty much didnt contribute after that. Aguero was injured for large parts of that period and so was Jovetic. We had the squad then to cover and still be successful and we do now.

Because as night follows day Jovetic, Aguero and Kompany will get muscle injuries. Jovetic (tick- already got one) Kompany (looks to be carrying one now) so as I said those three WILL miss chunks of the season and I was wise before the event!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.