Are we done booing the CL Anthem?

We are the club. It belongs to us and our city.

Everyone who is working at City now, from the players to the management team to the boardroom to the owners, are all just temporary employees or temporary shareholders of our football club. They were all somewhere else in the past and they’ll all be somewhere else in the future. But the fans have always been here and we always will be here.

It would have been better if the boardroom had stood up for the fans against UEFA’s treatment of us in Istanbul but the’ve let us down over that because they haven’t said a dicky bird about it. And that is something serious, unlike what happens during a 30 second ditty of a jingle.

I don't think I've ever booed the UEFA theme but I may start joining in after Istanbul.

How come Barca aren't being thrown under the bus by UEFA? I think we all know why. They're one of their babies that can do no wrong. I started watching the Barca documentary on Amazon Prime and I'm sure they said they had to sacrifice 50 years of future La Liga tv income to carry on operating. Yet they're still continually linked with top stars. Have we actually received a penny for Torres yet? Absolute joke. Would La Liga and UEFA pander to anybody else from Spain? Madrid aside, again, I think we all know the answer to that.

I don't think I've ever booed the UEFA theme but I may start joining in after Istanbul.

How come Barca aren't being thrown under the bus by UEFA? I think we all know why. They're one of their babies that can do no wrong. I started watching the Barca documentary on Amazon Prime and I'm sure they said they had to sacrifice 50 years of future La Liga tv income to carry on operating. Yet they're still continually linked with top stars. Have we actually received a penny for Torres yet? Absolute joke. Would La Liga and UEFA pander to anybody else from Spain? Madrid aside, again, I think we all know the answer to that.
What Barca are doing isn’t against FFP. It’s mortgaging their future for spending now.

We have received all monies due for Torres so far.

We are the club. It belongs to us and our city.

Everyone who is working at City now, from the players to the management team to the boardroom to the owners, are all just temporary employees or temporary shareholders of our football club. They were all somewhere else in the past and they’ll all be somewhere else in the future. But the fans have always been here and we always will be here.

It would have been better if the boardroom had stood up for the fans against UEFA’s treatment of us in Istanbul but the’ve let us down over that because they haven’t said a dicky bird about it. And that is something serious, unlike what happens during a 30 second ditty of a jingle.
I like that sentiment but unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Wimbledon fans thought they were their club but the club got shifted and the fans got shafted. You can praise the excellent work and achievements of AFC Wimbledon, but if you follow the league fixtures, league tables and players you'll end up in Milton Keynes.
That situation can no longer arise as the EFL were hammered for allowing it and moves are now limited by distance, but it shows the fans are whoever the club can get through the turnstiles.

What Barca are doing isn’t against FFP. It’s mortgaging their future for spending now.

We have received all monies due for Torres so far.

In 50 years time?!!!! Well it should be. They were one of the main protagonists behind the European Super League so they may not even be in La Liga in half a centuries time.

Not what I've heard about the Torres situation either but the internet is full of information that isn't factual.

In 50 years time?!!!! Well it should be. They were one of the main protagonists behind the European Super League so they may not even be in La Liga in half a centuries time.

Not what I've heard about the Torres situation either but the internet is full of information that isn't factual.
Lots of clubs have manageable debt. Barca will have to pay what they owe each season and make do with less TV right money.

Who knows on the Torres money. You’re just a person on the internet, so not sure if your info is factual or not. ;-)

We aren't the club, that's the fundamental confusion many have. We are fans of the club, and for many I wouldn't even call fans, more like needy spectators. Our job is to support the team and in return for our support and money they hopefully win things. The club have said its better when we don't boo, so we're letting the team down on our side of the deal.
According to you, if we boo we let the team down. Surely support is a two way thing. I have yet to see one meaningful statement from the club regarding the Uefa shit show in Turkey. They have not supported me nor the 20,000 others who were treated in the most disgraceful fashion by an inept corrupt organisation that were whisked away, past me and every other supporter in their expensive limousines whilst I searched for a 1960's bus stuck on a car park.
Loyalty and support is a two way thing.
Were you there ?

We care about ourselves because it appears UEFA (and even City) don’t.

We care about ourselves and also care about others who were elderly, disabled or have long term illnesses (or even young fit lads who this would also have affected) who had all water taken off them so that they couldn’t drink anything for up to and over 8 to 12 hours in a baking hot country.

We care about ourselves and also care about others who were elderly, disabled or have long term illnesses (or even young fit lads who this would also have affected) who had to be kettled in baking hot overcrowded buses for hours on end.

We care about ourselves and also care about others who were elderly, disabled or have long term illnesses (or even young fit lads who this would also have affected if they had tripped over) who had to walk across a rubble site for hundreds of yards to get to a football stadium. People on crutches and in wheelchairs also had to do this.

We care about ourselves and also care about others who were elderly, disabled or have long term illnesses (or even young fit lads who this would also have affected if they had tripped over) who had to wait for hours in the pitch black with no lights for buses that hadn’t even turned up yet and when they did there were thousands trying to get on a few buses that held around 50 people… all while the UEFA delegates and City boardroom were whizzed away in big cars through a private exit and down a private road and probably got back to their hotels in less than half an hour while some City fans didn’t get back to theirs until about 4am. This was on that same rubble site that anyone with an injury or in a wheelchair also had to get back on and try and get across to get on these buses where there were scrambles to get on.

The boos the other night should have been the biggest they’ve ever been. And the City boardroom should know they are also in part aimed at them because of their total lack of appreciation and reaction over what City fans went through that night in Istanbul.
Yes, this !

According to you, if we boo we let the team down. Surely support is a two way thing. I have yet to see one meaningful statement from the club regarding the Uefa shit show in Turkey. They have not supported me nor the 20,000 others who were treated in the most disgraceful fashion by an inept corrupt organisation that were whisked away, past me and every other supporter in their expensive limousines whilst I searched for a 1960's bus stuck on a car park.
Loyalty and support is a two way thing.
Were you there ?
I asked the same question a few days ago and did not receive an answer so I'm assuming not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.