Are we getting more popular abroad?

PhuketBlue said:
irishben said:
Pretty Popular in Thailand, mostly due to Frank, and then winning the League seemed to seal it

Getting more popular for sure but still miles behind the rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I was over last summer and saw a big billboard with Nasri and Hart of advertising big cola, which was pretty cool. But like you say, it's mostly United and Chelsea I saw.

I've seen quite a few little Agueroes running around the Hartlepudlian Riviera. Who knows if it's the player or the club, but I wouldn't care if I were you. Seeds are being planted.

More people are confusing Utd for City and less people going the other way that aren't that up to speed with the premiership.

It used to be the complete opposite heavily weighted to Manure.

ardwickboy said:
I know we are getting more popular abroad. About 2 years ago I started a page on Facebook for City supporters and I now have nearly 12000 members, and a lot of them are from around the World. The growth of City is spreading to all parts of the globe helping to create a worldwide fan base, some may not like that, but it is these supporters who are putting money into the club by buying the merchandise and helping to boost our effort to beat FFP.
If you would like to join go to Facebook Manchester City Supporters Club.
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/MCFCSupportersGrou/requests/?notif_t=group_r2j" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/groups/MCFCSup ... =group_r2j</a>

just joined

suvommukherjee08 said:
From India,
Started watching City since Aug 07,it was Manchester Derby (Geovanni screamer) but the broadcasters here used to make the Chelsea,Rags,Arsenal and pool matches a priority so never really got to see the City matches regularly here but since the start of 08 season ,City became a regular Tv fixture .Was not a fan back in 07 but i liked City more than United.Started to follow City matches regularly since 08 season and the first match i saw was Robinho's freekick against chelsea though City lost that match 1-3 ,and then it was portsmouth who got a drubbed 6-0,i realised how much i loved city was when we got a draw through Robinho's late goal against Blackburn 2-2 was the Final score but i was screaming madly and it was late night :).

Now their are many many City fans here in West Bengal (the people here loves football more than cricket BTW).I have a Aguero( 11/12 title winning kit),Silva (last seasons Kit) and Tevez (10/11 kit)..Ohh i always get called as a plastic,gloryhunter etc when i go out wearing the City kit as this place Kolkata is full of Rags although their are still many supposedly united fans out here i asked still thinks Tranny plays for them(asked them about their current starting elevens name on the september derby screening..Only got Rooney right that guy) :D and they still don't even know their current league positions but they don't care they like to call every City fans here a gloryhunter..Every Nike storeroom here has City merchandise now :).In streets now a days i see many people go out wearing city kits :).

Good man! Keep singing the blues in India!

Though Chelsea are more popular than us abroad, they had next to no support ten years ago. Now they are up with rags, dippers, and Arse. So that ground can be made up rather quickly, I'd think.

Like the poster above, I try to wear one of our shirts whenever at airports or travelling. And I do a lot of that for my business. Amazing as to the increase in how many people come up to you and want to talk about City or football in general.

What makes me laugh is when "foreign" rags want to come up and are all friendly and whatnot - particularly in the US where people generally fail to appreciate the incandescent hatreds involved.

And of course I am nice to these people because they have just about nothing at all to do with the MiB scum. But it always kind of throws me a bit to hear the likes of "well hey there, I'm a M********r U****d fan! You guys are playing such great soccer right now! I just love that Sergio Aguero!!!"

Most of those people just don't know any better. Continental rags can be pretty vile, of course.

I was in Buxton last week watching archery practice and none of them had heard of football.

They were also amazed my chariot moved without horses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.