Are we going to win the League ?

Don't understand why Kolo Toure is seen as being a 'big miss' when he leaves for African Nations Cup. Yaya of course, but Kolo ? Hardly played at all last season. This opinion can only be on the strength of one performance yesterday.

Whether we win the league will depend upon :-

1. SENSIBLE transfer window activity. De Rossi would seem to fit the bill given Yaya's absence. Need to avoid the 'building for the future' signings.

2. Whether Utd get any long term injuries to key players, in particular RVP or Rooney.

3. Mancini man managing his magicians properly. As proven recently, their ability to dismantle average sides has not just vanished, and they need to believe in themselves which I don't believe they have been doing.

4. On the back of point three, we need to start scoring early in games and taking our chances. Need to build confidence on the back of one or two high scoring wins.

5. Kompany and Hart avoiding long term injury. We have no back-up that's good enough in either position.

6. Luck.

Ray78 said:
We got to keep believing until it is impossible. 6 points isn't a huge gap at this stage, and same type of performance of yesterday will help us as well.

Agreed. 9 points would have been a different story. Big win yesterday.

We can but I believe we will need help. Simply put the Rag's can and have covered their weaknesses by scoring in boatloads. If RVP and Rooney stay healthy that will most likely continue which will make the points difficult to make up. If we keep pace and continue to improve the pressure of us in their rear view mirror and CL give us a shot and an injury to R&R can be a tipping point.

We will need help from other teams, but we still have them to play at the swamp. And for as much as RVP has been scoring their defence is still a weakness.
IMO they will drop more points than us in the run up to May.

moomba said:
deano ou812 said:
Since the premier league started,how many teams who were top after christmas/new year fixtures,went on to win compared to those coming from behind to do it?

Teams top at Christmas have ended up first 9 times, second 4 times, third 4 times, fourth 2 times and sixth once.

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 pm --

greasedupdeafguy said:
Of course it is especially when you look at uniteds next run of fixtures. Next week is crucial we really need Swansea to do us a favour. We face Norwich (who are on an amazing run at the moment) and Sunderland (we always struggle against them) after Christmas while united have 2 home games so any slip up for us means we could go 8 or 9 points behind them which would be incredibly difficult at any stage of the season to claw back. Then we have Arsenal away where we never seem to win in the league which could mean more points behind. Imo the Jan signings/departures will be crucial to whether we win the league or not.

You presume that they can't be defeated and we'll struggle to win any game coming up.

I think we've earned a little more faith than that to be honest (and them a little less faith that some seem to give them).

We play them still so 6 points is nothing really. Of course I'd rather be 6 points up than 6 points down. But I'll ask you a question, when we were 5/6 points up last December did you think we had the title in the bag? I certainly didnt so I'm not going to get carried away when they're 6 points up.

I agree 6 points isn't a lot but if they can keep rvp fit I can see this rag team could go on and possibly win every game. Baconface will not let them capitulate again. This means if we are to win the title we cannot afford to draw ANY game let alone lose. Yaya will be a huge miss for a month. if we can beat them a the swamp and hope that Liverpool find that spirit to somehow beat them then we are still in with a shout, but that means wee have to go on and beat ALL the top six teams. Not saying its over of course it ain't but this 6 point gap is different that last seasons. It's certainly going to be exciting.

citymad said:
I agree 6 points isn't a lot but if they can keep rvp fit I can see this rag team could go on and possibly win every game.

The league record for consecutive wins is 14, if they win every game for the rest of the season that'll be 26 in a row.

The highest points tally in the premier league is 95, if they win every game they'll finish on 105 points.

If they were half as good as some blues make out they are we have no chance.

We need to have a little less faith in them and a little more faith in the premier league champions.

Long way to go yet and if we can hit the form we all know we are capable of then we will be hard to beat again.

Rags will drop points!

people seem to be assuming that this United team is one of the all time greats. It isn't. They have a great attack in Rooney and RVP but they just can't defend. I think it's 24 goals conceded so far this season for them and only three clean sheets. That just doesn't seem sustainable to me as there will be games where they slip up, games where the attack doesn't click and doesn't rescue them from shambolic defending. And why is everyone saying there schedule over the next few weeks is easier and that we have many difficult places to travel to? We have Reading at home, Reading! Sunderland are just above the relegation zone, Norwich could be tough but we smashed them last season. Stoke are useless away from home. On the other hand, United travel to Swansea and Michu might be in the mood, Newcastle and West Brom are inconsistent but can pull off a great performance every once in a while. And then there is Wigan away where they lost last year. And now for tough places to go, we got Britannia and Anfield out of the way. Arsenal are terrible this year, I don't see why we would have trouble at Emirates. Spurs are very inconsistent, which leaves us with Everton and United away. Have some positivity people!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.