Are we going to win the League ?

OB1 said:
We should do but l'm not as confident as I was for 99% of last season. The Rags won't blow a big lead twice so we have to claw back some points quickly.

Oh God.

It's all going to go down to the Derby at their place. We did them home and away last season which saw them drop the points they needed to win the league. Chelsea might mount a slight challenge but both Manchester Clubs will fill 1st and 2nd.

black mamba said:
moomba said:
United are only 1 point ahead of the points they got last year on a like for like basis.

We're only 2 behind.

We just need to hunt them down like hunted us down last season. They will slip up again, we just need to make sure we're in a position to take advantage.

You sure moomba ?

after 18 games LAST season we had 14 wins , and 45 points ..... we also had a game in hand on the rags , who also had 45 points

that's only a game more than we've played this season ...

On like for like, the points we got last year playing against the same teams we played last year (swapping promoted for relegated teams).

I think we will win it, genuinely. We're 6 points off the top, that can disappear very quickly, yet we're still to play anywhere near our potential. We've rotated our players a lot, Yaya is the only slight concern with regards to fitness, the rest arguably need more games to get to their best. I think the longer the season goes on, the team will get more and more settled, the selection more consistent. The player will be much fresher than those around us. Once we get past the Christmas fixtures, which is a tough run for every club and get Yaya back, i can see us putting serious pressure on United, i think we'll get the momentum and overhaul them relatively comfortably (barring some kind of total mental collapse).

Mike N said:
OB1 said:
We should do but l'm not as confident as I was for 99% of last season. The Rags won't blow a big lead twice so we have to claw back some points quickly.

Oh God.
if we claw back the points then does that mean the rags have blown a big lead twice. me no understandi !

6 points isn't impossible to claw bac, but it's a decent lead to have. We all know United have this ability to, somehow, get a result even when they've played pretty poorly. Look at Southampton away, they were outplayed for the majority of that match, then score 2 late goals to win it. Couple that with the "assistance" they get from referees and overturning their lead is always going to difficult.

Can we win the league? Absolutely.

Will we win the league? If I had to state my life on it I wouldn't say we will, no.

If RVP stays fit all sesaon then i think they win it. If he goes down then we have a great chance. We will miss Toure brothers though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.