Are we Having a Transition Season?

Major risk that Kovacic and Nunes both end up with Philips. Would be a disaster but I've seen nothing at all from Nunes to suggest he's a City player.
Always felt Grealish would come good in his first season as you can see his quality - Nunez has showed the root sum of nothing (can’t understand why he has got minutes when Phillips has been given zero chance)

Kovacic started solidly but since wolves away he has been the same camp as Nunez

I absolutely hate this formation when we have a high line of five attackers (none of which move) and then expect Akanji or Dias to find them with a creative ball - it’s an absolutely recipe for disaster and counter attack

We can’t afford to have transition seasons with pep (probably) leaving in a year and a half

I just don’t think the hunger is there after last season no matter what the players and pep say

Phillips Kova and Nunes are all done.
Wont make 20 starts between them for the remainder of season.

Absolute disaster signings which ruin Peps final 2 seasons at City

Remember after burnley there was a thread called “rate our summer recruitment” or something. People were giving it 9/10! Fuck me. Its not even a 5.

Gvardiol looks like hes wearing diving boots.
Doku is young n raw and may be ok.
Kovacic is another javi garcia.
Nunes is a total puzzle
I gave it a 3/10 in that thread. Was ridiculed for it at the time but I would say it was a bit generous in hindsight. Who could have ever imagined letting several elite players leave and replacing them with Chelsea/Wolves flops and youth players would weaken the squad strength and depth? The answer should be everyone, but as always people are blinded by wanting a shiny new toy and looking on YouTube comps. With that said, my main issue wasn't the players leaving, it was the level of the replacements who clearly was significant downgrades. If you let elite players leave, you need elite replacements, otherwise you are obviously going to go backwards.

getting transfer right or wrong does make a huge difference. when you replace Jesus with Haaland is the opposite of when you replace Gundo with Kovacic.
same at elsewhere, when you replace Xhaka with Rice thats an upgrade.

what we did this summer is a bit like Liverpool losing Salah and replace him with Trossard.

It begs the question, bedding which players? The new ones are what you see, there ain’t no getting better. I don’t see potential in any of them to improve and that includes Doku who has been the best of a very poor group of signings. Transition? yes we need better players to replace those we’ve signed this season.,
What about these players make you think they’ll never improve? Nearly every player Pep has brought in has improved. Even if they don’t improve skill wise, even learning the system has to be help?!?

I thought last season was a transition season but then we won the treble so fuck knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.