Are we looking to sign a striker?

It's a bit of a dilemma really. We certainly need another top class striker (as well as a playing style that doesn't leave Aguero isolated all the time) but my worry is buying one could stifle the continued emergence of Nacho.

Would not mind Ibra on free as second or third choice striker if after someone of real quality for the longer term Kane or Lakaku I know we have loads of money but given we seem to need a new midfield and perhaps two new full backs Could we get a a decent loan fee for Iheanacho ?
Why loan Nacho out? We have a shortage of strikers, and even more so after Bony leaves. And even if we do, that meagre amount of fee ain't enough to cover our eventual transfer outlay. Money's the least of worries for Sheikh.

Ibra didn't thrive under Pep at Barca, and with his ego he would rather f*** himself off to China than play second feeder. Getting Lukaku would just be getting another square peg, or rather, Dzeko/Bony situation all over again.

Why loan Nacho out? We have a shortage of strikers, and even more so after Bony leaves. And even if we do, that meagre amount of fee ain't enough to cover our eventual transfer outlay. Money's the least of worries for Sheikh.

Ibra didn't thrive under Pep at Barca, and with his ego he would rather f*** himself off to China than play second feeder. Getting Lukaku would just be getting another square peg, or rather, Dzeko/Bony situation all over again.

Lukaku looks quality but fine get Kane and Ibra and loan Nacho ? Surely even now Ibra is at least on a par with Nacho if not better even after amazing yesterday. Your right we do not money in a sense but we people think we need a new CB two new full backs 2 new midfielders and a striker thats like 200 million we are not that rich

Lukaku looks quality but fine get Kane and Ibra and loan Nacho ? Surely even now Ibra is at least on a par with Nacho if not better even after amazing yesterday. Your right we do not money in a sense but we people think we need a new CB two new full backs 2 new midfielders and a striker thats like 200 million we are not that rich

Is this a wind up?

Lukaku didn't look very quality yesterday.

Who is the closest player in style to Tevez, and could he be signed ?

That would be my suggestion, but hopefully Pep has his ideas on the subject.

I think we should be monitoring the Walcott situation at Arsenal.

He's never quite reached his potential there and can play all across the front.

He's rapid, got his peak years left in him, home grown and on his day is top draw. He should cost the earth either and would be much more suited to our style than Bony.

People were talking about strikers on the Stones thread & Fantasyireland is complaining so I thought I'd mention here that although it's unlikely we would sign Kane for obvious reasons, I wouldn't rule out signing a striker because since Aguero came over here he has 99% of the time just played in one area, but fof Atletico you often saw him collecting the ball in wide positions.

Pep often liked his strikers to pull out wide at Barca & cares nothing for egoes, so nothing is written in stone. If he decides on a 433 Aguero's position is not guaranteed to be always in the centre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.