Are we looking to sign a striker?

I know stealing can play there but is he really the answer for that position ( irate sterling btw and think he will hugely benefit playing under Pep)

He might have played for Liverpool but he's not a scouser.

He would be if he read that.

i don't think any player would be a rotation option for Aguero if we bought the right player a the right quality........we need to take the weight off of Kuns shoulders and allowing him the rest in certain games would only serve to improve his output in the long run imho

I find it very unlikely that we'll be spending £40-50m on a striker to play backup to Aguero, no one is going to want to do that. Throw in that we've got Kelechi and realistically we're looking for either a player to compete with Kelechi for the backup striker role or a player who can play other positions as well as striker. Or we could just throw a shit load of money at a player, let them sit on the bench and moan, like we've done over the past 5 years

I find it very unlikely that we'll be spending £40-50m on a striker to play backup to Aguero, no one is going to want to do that. Throw in that we've got Kelechi and realistically we're looking for either a player to compete with Kelechi for the backup striker role or a player who can play other positions as well as striker. Or we could just throw a shit load of money at a player, let them sit on the bench and moan, like we've done over the past 5 years

Wouldn't mind a Griezmann/Reus style option to play wide right and centre forward if Kun's injured. Nacho does seem more comfortable in a two tbf and it's a better way to learn at his age imo.

what is certain is we need another forward......whether it be for 40-50m or a young upcoming player at a level slight above Kelechi

imagine a serious injury to Kun losing him for half a season or so and then we have to rely on Kelechi...huge pressure on a young player who no-one knows whether he will really hit the heights that we would need him to

Guardiola doesn't set up his teams with two strikers. Aguero is our centre forward and Iheanacho will be his deputy after Bony leaves. If we do buy an attacking player, he'll be a wide forward or a winger - a Griezmann type player - but honestly, we've already got Sterling and De Bruyne in those roles. I think the priority should be CM, LB and CB.

Guardiola doesn't set up his teams with two strikers. Aguero is our centre forward and Iheanacho will be his deputy after Bony leaves. If we do buy an attacking player, he'll be a wide forward or a winger - a Griezmann type player - but honestly, we've already got Sterling and De Bruyne in those roles. I think the priority should be CM, LB and CB.

Central midfield for a playmaker, a pacey left back who can pose a threat going forward and a goal scoring right winger. We don't need a centre half and we don't really need a striker.

I think we need to replace Bony if he leaves (which looks likely). Don't mind Iheanacho being the second striker, but we need at least 3 players who are very comfortable as the lone striker IMO.

I've got no problem with Bony leaving but I don't think he's a bad player. I think one of the main reasons he hasn't succeeded here is that he's polar opposite in playing style to Aguero (whereas Kelechi is much closer in comparison). That doesn't just affect how he plays, but how he prefers to receive the ball, take crosses, drop deep, etc. which requires the whole team to adapt its style of play when he's playing instead of Kun. I don't think that's a smart idea.

I'd quite like to see us go for Hernandez. He's been scoring a lot at Leverkusen, has PL experience, has something to prove in this country and might be happier with more of a rotational role than some of the names mentioned.

Apart from the rollover teams at home, such as Villa, Newcastle, etc one of our major problems this season, especially away from home, has been the lack of goals. If you take away Aguero and KDBs ( at home) goals who else can you be reliant on in this department?
If Bony is going then we certainly need another top class finisher. Whether that is an out and out goalscorer or a goalscoring midfield player remains to be seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.