Are we looking to sign a striker?

I was under the impression Cavani is another Dzeko, something few here would want and rarely works well with how we play.

Much more mobile than Dzeko and suited to possession football seeing as that's how PSG play and his movement was insane in the two games he played against us a few years ago, scored three times as a result. And he still has 73 goals in 134 games for PSG despite being deployed on the wing a lot of the time.

I think Pep will first look to the EDS. We've got Faupala who looked a handful against Chelsea, Ambrose who is starting to come of age, and Enes Unal coming back from loan at NAC Breda. You then have the likes of Roberts / Sterling / Celina / Barker who can all play Central or from wide and come inside. Why spend money if you have suitable players within?

I dont think a striker is top of the list for this summer. Far more pressing areas to address first.

Guardiola doesn't set up his teams with two strikers. Aguero is our centre forward and Iheanacho will be his deputy after Bony leaves. If we do buy an attacking player, he'll be a wide forward or a winger - a Griezmann type player - but honestly, we've already got Sterling and De Bruyne in those roles. I think the priority should be CM, LB and CB.
This.

Nope imo he'll use Sterling if needs be.
I don't think we should be "making do" and "needs be", we need another CF. Sterling is nowhere near intelligent, strong or a good enough finisher yet to play up front for us. We have 3yrs with Pep, I would hate to see it go to waste if Aguero gets a big injury or Ihenacho or even both and then we are relying on other players to just fill a role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.