Are we losing sight of things here?

Repeating myself, but I didn't see City capitulate. I can't fault the effort. We just had a big fracture at the back, and a forward who has lost all confidence. In between, the passing and closing down was good.

The passing was shite mate, think we managed a 72% pass success rate which is terrible for a club in our position!

Repeating myself, but I didn't see City capitulate. I can't fault the effort. We just had a big fracture at the back, and a forward who has lost all confidence. In between, the passing and closing down was good.

The score sheet is very indulgent with us, any other day we would have finished at the very least 0-4, they missed two sitters and the near post saved Joe.
It is not the lack of effort which is killing us since a few weeks now, but the lack of quality in tactical positioning (the four backs ), the alck of quickness to switch the ball from our own half to the opposition box, the lack of efficiency in creating chances around the box and the lack of cleanliness in front of the goal.
These aspects of our game are dreadful at the moment against decent opposition.

You win you lose games the way our players attitude to games is a major problem and it's bn like this since after our first five games this season and our manager doesn't help matters with the set up subs n no reaction to situations during games

Yesterday we was dire but it not the first time this season we have been that.

I don't see us winning anything if it continues.

No, I don't think we're being self-entitled at all. What we're concerned about is under performance, and it makes no real difference where we are in the table. We'd be unhappy if the team was playing so far below the sum of its parts, if we were in League One, just as much as we are now. This whole "stop moaning, it's only 15 years ago we were playing Macclesfield" attitude that some people have gets on my wick. There's no crime in wanting the best we can get from our squad, irrespective of whether it means trophies or not. In our case, not finishing in the top 4 for example, would have serious implications for the club and where it wants to be, and if we're unhappy with the team or manager's performance as it relates to achieving our goals (urgh, yes, I know!), then I see nothing wrong in complaining about that fact on an internet forum presumably set up to discuss such matters

Genuine question

Do you think we are being a bit self entitled/rag like about all this?

Fact of the matter is we are 3 points off top spot and still in all the cup competitions

Handful of years ago I'd have given my left nut to be in this position yet I found myself being particularly angry about our result yesterday..despite the fact Stoke away should never be a 'gimme' result

We have been playing pretty bad as of late..but if this is the position we find ourself in from playing bad..surely it bodes well for the future when we start to play well again?

Well with the kind of team we have and the amount of money spent, we should be at the top of the table with atleast 10 points more than second placed team... and we should ve atleast drawn the games against a big club like Juventus... that is what I expected from this team after the first five matches...

You know a manager's in trouble when the 'remember how shit we used to be' threads start....

Genuine question

Do you think we are being a bit self entitled/rag like about all this?

Fact of the matter is we are 3 points off top spot and still in all the cup competitions

Handful of years ago I'd have given my left nut to be in this position yet I found myself being particularly angry about our result yesterday..despite the fact Stoke away should never be a 'gimme' result

We have been playing pretty bad as of late..but if this is the position we find ourself in from playing bad..surely it bodes well for the future when we start to play well again?
No, not self-entitled or raggy at all. I wasn't angry about the result - no team can win every game - but I was angry about the poor all-round performance from the players and manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.