Are we over rated?

ACMilan said:
If City are overrated, it's by a portion of their own fans, not outsiders...

Outsiders know that City is a strong team, with great pieces, that are still trying to find their identity. It doesnt come in 1 yr... or 2... not even 3 or 5. Finding a team identity takes many years and no amount of money can rush it.

City can win the league... the cup... the CL? Sure... why not? But as I mentioned in an earlier post - for City to become like Pep's Barca, or Sacchi's Milan it takes ages of trial and error.

You're still young, grasshoppers. You'll get there.

If winning it all were that easy everyone would do it

most sensible post of the thread ?

gmckennasell said:
ACMilan said:
If City are overrated, it's by a portion of their own fans, not outsiders...

Outsiders know that City is a strong team, with great pieces, that are still trying to find their identity. It doesnt come in 1 yr... or 2... not even 3 or 5. Finding a team identity takes many years and no amount of money can rush it.

City can win the league... the cup... the CL? Sure... why not? But as I mentioned in an earlier post - for City to become like Pep's Barca, or Sacchi's Milan it takes ages of trial and error.

You're still young, grasshoppers. You'll get there.

If winning it all were that easy everyone would do it

most sensible post of the thread ?

Says something when the best posts come from level headed non blues.

Awaydays post below Milan's is well thought out too.

jimharri said:
mammutly said:
Jesus Christ Almighty! Are we over rated?

Are we fucking over rated?

I have read some shit on here over the years, but are we over rated? Seriously?

How about we are a good side now? We are good. That is surely bleedin obvious.

Over rated, my arse.
A few weeks back (the night of the 5-1 at WHL, I think), a famous pundit stated we were ''the best team on the planet''. Over-rated? Just a bit!

Every other pundit has stated that we've ruined football and we've already been blamed for England not winning the world cup.

TheMightyQuinn said:
jimharri said:
mammutly said:
Jesus Christ Almighty! Are we over rated?

Are we fucking over rated?

I have read some shit on here over the years, but are we over rated? Seriously?

How about we are a good side now? We are good. That is surely bleedin obvious.

Over rated, my arse.
A few weeks back (the night of the 5-1 at WHL, I think), a famous pundit stated we were ''the best team on the planet''. Over-rated? Just a bit!

Every other pundit has stated that we've ruined football and we've already been blamed for England not winning the world cup.

With all due respect, that is just self indulgent and self pitying crap.

Gillespie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
jimharri said:

With all due respect my point was that what pundits say means fuck all and carries no weight.

You've all been sucked into the narrative that unless we win the quadruple, the season and our future is a joke.

That's not the case in the real world, sorry.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Gillespie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

With all due respect my point was that what pundits say means fuck all and carries no weight.

You've all been sucked into the narrative that unless we win the quadruple, the season and our future is a joke.

With all due respect that is not what you first said.

I'm not a City fan but after winning the League Cup, pole position for the league and an outside chance of a result at the Nou Camp, I wonder what would really make you happy?

You sound like a spoilt Man Yoo fan believing you deserve more.

Gillespie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Gillespie said:

I'm not a City fan but after winning the League Cup, pole position for the league and an outside chance of a result at the Nou Camp, I wonder what would really make you happy?

You sound like a twat.

I'm more than happy with 1, possibly 2 trophies this season and my whole point is that others sound like spoilt rags.

What would make me happy is if fans of other clubs wound their necks in and kept their accusations to themselves.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Gillespie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

You sound like a twat.

I'm more than happy with 1, possibly 2 trophies this season and my whole point is that others sound like spoilt rags.

What would make me happy is if fans of other clubs wound their necks in and kept their accusations to themselves.

I suppose I inhabit a different planet being an Arsenal fan thinking 1 trophy after a 9 year drought would be nice.

My expectations are clearly somewhat less than yours.

Gillespie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Gillespie said:

You sound like a twat.

I suppose I inhabit a different planet being an Arsenal fan thinking 1 trophy after a 9 year drought would be nice.

My expectations are clearly somewhat less than yours.

I don't have any expectations.

I'm one of those on here who is derided for just enjoying the ride of being a great team rather than obsessing over trophy counts.

As an Arsenal fan your lack of trophies is the least of your problems.

Never thought I'd see the day an Arsenal fan tried to play the 'I'm a realer fan than you' card.

You move on now boy with your holy expectations of nothing more than 4th, I'm too seasoned for you, I'd shit down your throat before you'd got your southern hands out of your farrah slacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.