Are we the new scousers?

I've been saying this for a while but feel it's more of a reflection of football forums in general than our overall fanbase...which say what you like is not anything like a mirror image of Bluemoon, what with its neverending Dzeko threads, leaping on non-artciles by Sun journalists in a McCarthyist rage and tracking the legal pitfalls which Cockerness Paul Merson and Harry Redknapp find themselves in ;)

Like others have said, I think most the threads on here are pisstakes. If they were serious then this forum is worse than RAWK

Cityfan said:
franksinatra said:
One was a swing at the back of the players leg (Similars to Marios booking incidentally) and the other is for a deliberate stamp on the opponent.
Thats nonsense. Rooneys petulant kick was nothing like Balotellis tackle from the side which was utterly innocuous.
But yes Balotellis back kick was probably deserving of a red it was a bit like Henrys red for Wolves. It was petulant and silly.

Similar in the sense of the force of the kick and the position on the body it was in contact with (Should have explianed better). I agree Rooneys was petulant and Marios unneccessary.

franksinatra said:
Similar in the sense of the force of the kick and the position on the body it was in contact with (Should have explianed better). I agree Rooneys was petulant and Marios unneccessary.
Well I think the big difference is that for Mario the ball was there to be won and it was slightly mistimed as you see a hundred times in a game, Rooneys kick was a kick aimed at he legs aftre tha ball had gone with the aim of hurting someone although not causing extreme violence.

Cityfan said:
franksinatra said:
Well I think the big difference is that for Mario the ball was there to be won and it was slightly mistimed as you see a hundred times in a game, Rooneys kick was a kick aimed at he legs aftre tha ball had gone with the aim of hurting someone although not causing extreme violence.

Still many players are booked for similar types of challenges. It hardly supports the conspiracy theory.

franksinatra said:
Still many players are booked for similar types of challenges. It hardly supports the conspiracy theory.

Well I am not a conspiracy theorist but I do think Balotelli has come out on the wrong end of a few poor decisions, it was his first challenge and a lot worse had gone on before. But other clubs have had bad decisions this season not least Spurs against Stoke.

EalingBlue2 said:
I reckon we are now officially the fans with the biggest victim complex around! FA plots, media plots, football plots, referee plots, etc etc

Every day a new way we have been victimised, every day we become closer and closer to candle lit vigils etc.

The fact is after Sunday spurs not us are the team who should feel victimised a d hard done by.

It is time we manned up, behaved like winners, focused on what we can do and make a difference with and stopped this who feint, victim hood and this Scouser mentality. Forget the distractions, forget the plots, forget the banners and get over it. Webb could have won us the title with his decisions on sun

Webb didn't make the decision on Sunday 'cos he didn't see it, hence the charge on Balo. Please don't give Howard Webb credit where it's not due.

Cityfan said:
franksinatra said:

Well I am not a conspiracy theorist but I do think Balotelli has come out on the wrong end of a few poor decisions, it was his first challenge and a lot worse had gone on before. But other clubs have had bad decisions this season not least Spurs against Stoke.

He probably has suffered a couple of bad decsions, similarly on sunday he managed to score the winning goal when he should have been sent off. Its not a vendetta against Mario but a lack of consistency from referees.

The number of bookings and sendings off this season and last is ridiculous. He has no one else to blame but himself. It scares me that in a crucial match he will self destruct at the latter part of the season when the premier league is at stake.

ndjsleftnipple said:
EalingBlue2 said:
I reckon we are now officially the fans with the biggest victim complex around! FA plots, media plots, football plots, referee plots, etc etc

Every day a new way we have been victimised, every day we become closer and closer to candle lit vigils etc.

The fact is after Sunday spurs not us are the team who should feel victimised a d hard done by.

It is time we manned up, behaved like winners, focused on what we can do and make a difference with and stopped this who feint, victim hood and this Scouser mentality. Forget the distractions, forget the plots, forget the banners and get over it. Webb could have won us the title with his decisions on sun

Webb didn't make the decision on Sunday 'cos he didn't see it, hence the charge on Balo. Please don't give Howard Webb credit where it's not due.

Him not seeing it could make some difference then.

I hate this conspiracy idea, it stinks of what we've never been. Has no-one else noticed that we get a lot more decisions in our favour (I'm talking about common-a-garden challenges not the major ones) than we used to in the good old days? Maybe more attention is drawn to our major incidents than the others', but that's because we're more high profile, and they seek to make an example of those in the lime-light (unfair but it happens). No?

I guess we, on the forum at least, are growing a victim-complex, but perhaps it's just a symptom of realizing that football is corrupt. I can only speak for myself, but before this season, I was under the incredible illusion that English Football was incorruptible. Don't ask me how I'd manage to delude myself, it just happened. So when I first began to connect dots, my knee-jerk reaction was "City are in danger, here!"

This was also partly down to the pressure of actually achieving the dream of winning the league, of course. Perhaps I'm not mentally strong enough to cope with all this. I wish I could fast forward to May, if I'm honest.

But football is corrupt. English football is corrupt, it has been for 100+ years, and I won't be afraid to say it to anyone if and when the subject comes up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.