Are we the new scousers?

What a silly thread based on some strawman cariacature that doesn't really exist.

Most people aren't claiming there is any kind of 'plot', they are pointing out the glaring FACT that there is a complete lack of consistency in the FA disciplinary process and asking for change.

Would love to hear your reasoning on why Spurs should feel hard done by, they got what they deserved from the game - nothing.

If you think there's nothing wrong with the FA picking and choosing who to charge then good for you (I think that would be very naive) but don't be a dick towards your fellow fans because you disagree

franksinatra said:
He probably has suffered a couple of bad decsions, similarly on sunday he managed to score the winning goal when he should have been sent off. Its not a vendetta against Mario but a lack of consistency from referees.

The number of bookings and sendings off this season and last is ridiculous. He has no one else to blame but himself. It scares me that in a crucial match he will self destruct at the latter part of the season when the premier league is at stake.

I don't think it is a vendetta agaisnt Mario but if he has had more than his share of bad decisions it is not only himself to blame. Unfortunatly as he now has this reputaton of being wound up he has a lot of people trying to do that. See last seasons elbow off the ball by Huth in the Final. By and large he has handled himself well though in the last couple of games he has let himself down a bit and on Sunday I think it was him to blame. He is young and he is learning and I hope will improve.
Having said that fundamentally I aree with you and the OP there is not a conspiracy and I don't htink ovr the course of the season we have been particularly unlucky but recently the way the FA rules work has damaged us in having two important players banned for siginficant games one because a good tackle was poorly interpreted from the referees angle and the other because a bad foul in front of the referee wa 'not spotted'. I think Webb saw what happened but misinterpreted the action at the time

In the kingdom of the blind, it would appear that the complacent, self aggrandising, self appointed superior is king. Thank fuck there's nothing wrong with the FA and referees are completely impartial and incorruptible, we can all keep our opinions to ourselves now.

Oops sorry, didn't realise this thread was for the flat earth society.

lloydie said:
In the kingdom of the blind, it would appear that the complacent, self aggrandising, self appointed superior is king. Thank fuck there's nothing wrong with the FA and referees are completely impartial and incorruptible, we can all keep our opinions to ourselves now.

Oops sorry, didn't realise this thread was for the flat earth society.

Just bacause the FA's rules for reviewing are in my view ridiculous does nto mean they are aimed at us. Notr does the probablity of the occasional corrupt ref mean that we have suffered unduly by their corruption. If far Eastern bookies get at he odd ref and they quite possibly do it does not mean they are doing it at one team and from their point of view it makes sense to not target a team.

EalingBlue2 said:
I reckon we are now officially the fans with the biggest victim complex around! FA plots, media plots, football plots, referee plots, etc etc

Every day a new way we have been victimised, every day we become closer and closer to candle lit vigils etc.

The fact is after Sunday spurs not us are the team who should feel victimised a d hard done by.

It is time we manned up, behaved like winners, focused on what we can do and make a difference with and stopped this who feint, victim hood and this Scouser mentality. Forget the distractions, forget the plots, forget the banners and get over it. Webb could have won us the title with his decisions on sun

Ealing, you've been posting on here long enough to know people have moaned about FA conspiracies and suchlike since well before the takeover.

In fairness, we've all probably moaned about refereeing decisions at some point or another but I do agree that talk of agendas and the making of banners is over the top and cringeworthy.

However, I do feel that while I don't buy into the argument that the FA have it in for us (or any other club for that matter), concerns over consistency in their decision making are perfectly justified. I'm also getting increasingly worried about whether the FA do have an unwritten policy to show a certain amount of leniency towards England international players - if they want to charge Balotelli then fair enough, but how come on the same day they decide not to charge his team-mate (Lescott) for something in the same game that looked a little dubious to say the least? And then to compound matters, how can they decide the very next day that Peter Crouch's eye-gouge isn't worthy of a charge either?

I'll also add that the FA appear at times to feel compelled to act more on those incidents that have been highlighted the most by the media and opposition managers. So Balotelli's "stamp" that has been shown dozens of times from every camera angle and played in super slo-mo, not to mention being discussed by every pundit under the sun, takes centre stage when compared to Lescott's "elbow/forearm smash" which although discussed to an extent, played second fiddle to Balotelli's so-called indiscretion.

As for Howard Webb, putting the "did he or didn't he see it?" argument to one side, I don't have any major complaints about his performance on Sunday. Indeed, I said on this very forum a week or so ago that he reffed the 50th anniversary derby at The Swamp and was not only fair, but even gave Hamann the benefit of the doubt with some first half challenges that could justifiably have been dealt with more severely. Put it this way, I'd much sooner have Webb officiating our games than Foy, Walton, or Clattenburg.

EalingBlue2 said:
I reckon we are now officially the fans with the biggest victim complex around! FA plots, media plots, football plots, referee plots, etc etc

Every day a new way we have been victimised, every day we become closer and closer to candle lit vigils etc.

The fact is after Sunday spurs not us are the team who should feel victimised a d hard done by.

It is time we manned up, behaved like winners, focused on what we can do and make a difference with and stopped this who feint, victim hood and this Scouser mentality. Forget the distractions, forget the plots, forget the banners and get over it. Webb could have won us the title with his decisions on sun

You're just part of the conspiracy. Even City fans can't be trusted now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.