Are we the only tired ones?

Pigeonho said:
blueinsa said:
A squad of 25 top quality players with the very best in medical care, post match massage etc with 2 top class players for every position should mean that "Tiredness" should never enter the equation.

Unfortunately, we don't have a squad of 25 and we have to ask the question, why?

We also continue to have square pegs in round holes and again, why?
It's fucking stupid that we have Bellamy, Bridge, Adebayor and Weiss out on loan. That's 4 players, 2 of which could help out massively, the other 2 as back up. That was Mancini's decision to allow those 4 players go out. Balotelli is supposed to be Bellamy's replacement, well I think our Welsh friend must sit there pissing his sides at that decision on a nightly basis.

I agree mate. Look, Mancini had every right to send those players out if they were not in his plans but he had to replace them and he has failed to do so. You live or die by decisions like these and he will sadly but rightly, die.

His failure to address the squad deficiencies in January was criminal but as time goes on, i cant help but wonder if the owner withdrew the cheque book on purpose with a mind towards the summer?

Silvercloud said:
I dont think we are the only tired ones. However, we are the only team who's manager keeps telling them that they are. That's the difference.

How very true. If you set your sights low enough the danger is you'll achieve it. Mancini's post Chelsea match interview says it all for me in terms of a rallying call you would expect from your leader :

"We don't have the Europa League anymore, so maybe we can do well in the last eight games."

How utterly inspring Bobby.

this really makes me mad. it seemed no one was able to move last night. we are the team with the smallest number of injuries in PL and they are tired!

Pigeonho said:
blueinsa said:
A squad of 25 top quality players with the very best in medical care, post match massage etc with 2 top class players for every position should mean that "Tiredness" should never enter the equation.

Unfortunately, we don't have a squad of 25 and we have to ask the question, why?

We also continue to have square pegs in round holes and again, why?
It's fucking stupid that we have Bellamy, Bridge, Adebayor and Weiss out on loan. That's 4 players, 2 of which could help out massively, the other 2 as back up. That was Mancini's decision to allow those 4 players go out. Balotelli is supposed to be Bellamy's replacement, well I think our Welsh friend must sit there pissing his sides at that decision on a nightly basis.

Bellamy ever won any individual honours has he?

Young Ballon D'or or anything.

Only Arsenal have played more games than us i think (counted it about a week ago).

The problem for us is central midfield though, the De Jong and Milner absences have been a big problem.

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:

With all respect mate, it means nothing right now, his young Ballon D'or.

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:

The point is that Balo was brought in as a replacement for Bellamy, who's attitude was questioned constantly once Mancini arrived. Well, Bellamy's replacement didn't play yesterday as punishment for his attitude. Strikes me that that is a very laughable situation to end up in.

That's before we even get into the point about keeping Bellamy and Balo in the squad so that we have options when one or the other loses the plot/form/gets injured.

I don't think we're the only club talking about tiredness, and I do think that our players are showing signs of fatigue.

I think we'll regret not having the full 25 man squad, and I don't think the squad we have has been managed that well to avoid fatigue.

We need to use rotation more, and we need to give our key players a rest every now and then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.